Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP STREAM 7
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

PLEASE HELP ME. MY HP STREAM 7 was locked up. requesting the administrator pasword or power on pasword. please help me.,

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

You may need to contat HP Advisor for the code as we cant provide you with one as we dont have the privalges to. Hope you do get this sorted out though.

HP Recommended

Hi, @JHIE22 :

Enter any password 3 times and the PC should generate a system disabled (halt) code.

If it does, please post that code.

HP Recommended

HP EXPERT) Thanks I aint familier with this as I havent come accross this before. Thats why i advised to contact you instead. Now I can give that informaton as well. Thanks 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi, @MasterTechGuy :

Use this website to give out the unlock passcodes people post...

https://bios-pw.org/

Note:  This site will not work for most HP business notebooks.

This site will not generate working unlock codes that are hexidecimal

This site will not generate working unlock codes for any 8 digit halt code that is preceeded by an 'i'

This site will normally work for folks that post an 8 digit code, or for a HP mini notebook.

HP Recommended

Thanks is this accessible for everyone? 

HP Recommended

Sure.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.