10-27-2012 01:31 PM
In looking at an upgrade to Windows 8, i found that my laptop, which is only 13 months old, is not compatible with secure boot. i have found that EUFI / secure boot is part of Windows 8 architecture. Is this a fireware upgrade that I can get from HP since it is not part of the OS from microsoft?
10-27-2012 02:12 PM - edited 10-27-2012 02:14 PM
Maybe you should include the following in your post:
Which laptop do you have? (Model and/or product number)
Did you buy your laptop before October 1st 2011?
Check this site to know if HP is currently working on Windows 8 drivers for your laptop
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)