Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 2560p PN: LG669EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I wonder if somebody have the solution to activate hs2340 HSPA+ MobileBroadband adapter! 

I got the problem after upgrading the windows from W7 to W10, before I was using "hp connection manager" to activate the device but now it looks like doesn't work with window 10 ?

when I try to use it its gives me that "its not active" ?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

savage75

the other driver is the Ericsson Mobile Broadband

Run windows update after reboot

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Savage75

Uninstall the driver and Reboot

after reboot install it again

and reboot

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hi go2,

Was trying but nothing! actually you sent me wrong driver thats for "un2430 Mobile Broadband Module" !

HP Recommended

savage75

the other driver is the Ericsson Mobile Broadband

Run windows update after reboot

HP Recommended

Finally its working again, thanks for the help.

I had to uninstall the driver then remove it from network devices and modem.

reboot then install the driver that you sent.

thanks again

HP Recommended

Does this mean, that the hs2340 HSPA+ MobileBroadband would work with windows10 clean installation and without using HP Connection Manager (which cannot be installed in win10)?

PS: I upgraded and was not able to use the s2340, all seems to be ok, bot the "mobile" button doesnt change to white. Because i didnt have enough time, i did a rollback to windows7

The link above doesnt load, are you able to tell the spxxxxxx Number here?

HP Recommended

@r32rce321

Please uninstall theHP Connection Manager 

for Windows 10 install Wi-Fi HotSpot Pro

HP Wireless Hotspot Software   and the HP Connection Manager  not works with Windows 10

uninstall the old HP Hotkey Support

reboot install the driver

WWAN installation

1. Open the Windows Device Manager.
  2. Click View in top bar and select Devices by connection.

3. Find the USB Composite Device that WWAN device included and select it, then right-click Update Driver Software....

4. Under Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller > USB Root Hub > Generic USB Hub, find the USB Composite Device that the hs2340 HSPA is listed under it, then right-click the USB Composite Device (b), and then select Update Driver Software... (c).

5. Choose Browse my computer for driver software, then click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  6. Check Show compatible hardware, then select USB Mobile Broadband Network Adapter Module, and then click Next.
  7. Click the scan for hardware changes button (a) in top Ba Scan for hardware changes

Update the WWAN driver to the latest version available on

HP Recommended

@Savage75: Future updates may try to update your good drivers.  To prevent the WWAN drivers (or any other specific river):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Thanks for conirming that WWAN works with Win10 on the 2560P.  If you posted the steps required for a fresh Win10 install, I'm sure that others (including myself) would appreciate your good work.

HP Recommended

Why install the  Wifi hotspot pro? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/wi-fi-hotspot-pro/9wzdncrfhv5v

I understand what it does, but not in the context of the original poster's objective

HP Recommended

I have the same setup at the OP. (EliteBook 2560p w/hs2340 WWAN card)

I followed the above steps but got nowhere, both with an Win7 to Win10 upgrade as well as a fresh install of Win10.

Can anyone clarigy the steps for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.