Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15-AY061NR

I receive the below message when starting up laptop:

Enter Administrator Password or Power On Password.

The code is 50629002.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Please try this Password :  

Steps to be followed:

1. Use the unlock code posted above to enter the BIOS
  2. Disable all passwords that are enabled
  3. If asked for current password - type the unlock code
  4. For new password, just press ENTER key
  5. Repeat the same for verify password column.
  6. Then leave the BIOS by saving & exit option to save the changes.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response.  Unfortunately, that did not work.  It says invalid password.  Not sure if it matters or not, but there is an "i" in front of the code that it gives me.  Picture is attached.error.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi,

You are going to have to remove the RTC battery and hold down power button for about 30 seconds to delete the password. You can see hoe to remove RTC battery in service manual for your device on page 63.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05087748

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem with a similar code [i 67974403]. I figured out to remove the RTC battery like you said.

At which point do you need to hold the power button?

I did it with a removed RTC battery but the only results is a blinking power LED every 5 seconds or so or my PC starting up and turning off again (due to normal "power button holding" behavior).

After this comes only a CMOS checksum error (CMOS reset), and after that the password input box again.

I took apart my laptop about 5 times now 😞

HP Recommended

Hi,

You need to remove the RTC battery and all other power sources such as main battery and AC adapter. Then hold the power button for about 30 seconds to drain any residual charge from computer. Leave the rtc battery out for further 30 minutes and then insert the rtc battery, the laptop battery and AC adapter and power on. When booting load Bios default settings.

At next boot enter Bios and reset the time as it can cause problems with OS.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Unfortunately this is what I did already. I left the computer completely disconnected and disassembled over night. After I put the RTC battery, battery and AC adapter back in and turned it on, this message appeared IMG_20170510_214941_0132.jpg

After a few seconds the computer resets to the password prompt again. :smileyindifferent:

Is there some kind of "default" password?

Also I tried pressing F10 during this screen, nothing.

Model: ab002ng

TIA

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.