Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
E7A75EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, Basically the battery isn't working. For the last week or so, if my laptop isn't plugged in or if the adapter comes out for even a second, it dies. I've attempted taking out and waiting and putting it back in and resarteing etc, but all it's done is changed from 'battery not detected' to 'plugged in, not charging.' Ive opened HP assistant, tried the battery check and it isn't even recognising the battery. I've installed the latest version of battery check and BIOS as well.

I did buy the laptop in 2013 so I'm assuming I need a new battery? is there anything else I can try? If not could anyone recommend or provide a link to the right battery to purchase? I've had trouble throughout with it not charging for some reason, but not to this extent. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@SeeMore94,

Thanks for responding.

the Battery that came along with the notebook is a 6-cell- Li-ion battery.

You can purchase it online from HP or visit any computer local store and have the part replaced.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@SeeMore94,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that Battery is not charging on the PC. Is that right?

I recommend you to try the steps mentioned in the link below and check if that helps you determine the health status of the battery.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771

Hope that answers you the question. Please let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello, yeah the battery is not charging at all. 

I followed the recommended steps, and the battery status is as says: Replace(40)

Failure ID: 9BW3PX-6L18AJ-MFGJXF-C0BV03

So I gather I need a new battery, could you please confirm which battery I need exactly? 
Thank you for your help. 

The Serial Number under the Battery details:  14145 

Is there any other info you need? 

Thanks again 

HP Recommended

Hi@SeeMore94,

Thanks for responding.

the Battery that came along with the notebook is a 6-cell- Li-ion battery.

You can purchase it online from HP or visit any computer local store and have the part replaced.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.