03-31-2009 05:11 AM
Hi I have a dv6000 notebook. I was trying to reimage it through the recovery manager. Everytime I run the recovery manager it asks for "additional discs" and loops back continuously. After a few tries it is now giving me this error at the onset.
Error 0x400 100 130000 1002
If this issue contniues, please contact HP support
Can any one of you help me?
03-31-2009 05:25 AM
You will have to purchase restore discs from HP or you could try any of the following:
I am assuming you are trying to reinstall Vista. Apparently, HP's recovery partition is less than perfect and the recovery disc you created is probably worthless. (and you can NOT make another one, they only let you make one!) You are not the only person to have this issue.
Here are some things you can try:
1) Borrow an OEM version of Vista from someone...anyone. It sounds like you are proficient with PC's and maybe you know someone who works in IT. Use your product key (25 digit key code) and you should be able to reinstall.
2) if you like Vista, buy yourself an OEM version. It will not have all the factory (HP, Dell, Acer, whatever) BS on it. It will positively work because your hardware if fine.
03-31-2009 05:53 AM
03-31-2009 06:32 AM
06-22-2011 06:12 AM
I am seeing the same issue.. same error with recovery Disc 3 while reinstalling the image..
Could you please help me what was the result of your error?
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)