Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-1232sl Notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

after reinstalling Win7 64 on my HP Pavilion g6-1232sl Notebook I get the error 43 with the device AMD Radeeon HD 7400.

I already download and installed an update of the driver from AMD site but this does not solve the issue.

Any suggestions?

Btw, after reinstalling Win7 the "sleep" functionality is not available anymore (it is in light grey). Can this be related to the error 43?

Thank you

giovanni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@inascargio,

Thank you for your reply.  Yes it is important to remove the existing drivers first and restart the notebook for it to work. Please try again and follow the steps exactly as I laid them out for you. As you already have the driver downloaded you can omit the first step.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi@inascargio,

Thank you for your inquiry. I will do my best to be of assistance.

I grasp that after you reinstalled Windows 7( from a retail disk) you have error 43 on the graphic card in Device Manager.  You have tried downloading the driver from the AMD site but the issue remained.

• Please download and save the graphic driver listed on the Pavilion g6-1232sl Software and Driver page. Under graphics, you will see sp55025 which is the one you need.
  • Now uninstall and delete both of the graphic drivers
  • restart the notebook. Windows will install the basic drivers
  • now install the drivers that you just downloaded.

You can also install the HP Support Assistant  to aid with any recommended HP updates. Please keep me updated.

If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the Thumbs Up” below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi,

I  downloaded the driver and installed it but still I get the same error 43 message.

Actually I did not uninstall the previous driver: if this is an important step to be performed in advance, please  kindly advise how to do it in the right way.

Thank you

giovanni

HP Recommended

Hi@inascargio,

Thank you for your reply.  Yes it is important to remove the existing drivers first and restart the notebook for it to work. Please try again and follow the steps exactly as I laid them out for you. As you already have the driver downloaded you can omit the first step.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi Sparkles,

it worked out perfectly!

Thank you very much

giovanni

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.