Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

hi all

so after I got my computer fixed I got this problem when I play games I can only play like 10 or 15 min and after that my computer go on sleep and shutdown and when I startup my computer after that happen I get this massge that say 

"The system bios has detected your notebook PC was placed in hibernation to avoid overheating .

The system is now operating normally and your data should remain intact.

Overheating may occur if the cooling vents are blocked or the operating temperature exceed the specification. The notebook PC should return to normal operation once the situation is resolved.

System Temperature (90D)"  

so I update my bios to f.66  cause I though that was the problem but still and I check the fan and it works just fine 

I tryed everything but nothing seems to work can any one help me with this.  "and btw my computer is HP pavilion g6 windows 7 ultimate"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I can understand it'll be difficult for you to send it away again but nothing to worry it'll be fixed quickly and returned to you asap this time..

The best way would be to call the contact number mentioned in the paperwork that you might have received along with the system when returned from the service center. Just look for the number in the paperwork and call the service center directly for quicker response.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is unfortunate that it happened after you got the system fixed but right now it seems to be fan related issue only..You have already done the requried steps like the BIOS update,check for dust in Fan vents..etc..

You can still check this link below:

Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

If problem continues then you may have to get the Fan assembly replaced..Now you said you had it fixed...Did you send it to HP  for repair?

if yes then you can call technical support again and they'll get it picked up for repair again and this time it'll be through expediated shipping so that you get it back asap..

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and yes i send it to HP to fix it last time

HP Recommended

I can understand it'll be difficult for you to send it away again but nothing to worry it'll be fixed quickly and returned to you asap this time..

The best way would be to call the contact number mentioned in the paperwork that you might have received along with the system when returned from the service center. Just look for the number in the paperwork and call the service center directly for quicker response.

HP Recommended

I read on a different website that you should keep 6 inches of clearance around each vent. That is kind of difficult with raising the laptop 6 inches and at the same time not blocking the bottom vents, especially if you are not at home. At home, I have mine connected to a larger secondary monitor, so I just turned mine upside down and that seems to be working for now.

HP Recommended

hi,

how can i update my bios?

my charger light is not glow & my laptop is not starting.

some time charger light is glowing but when i press the power button then cherging light is blinking.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.