Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-ac119tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi All,

I bought hp 15ac-119tu one year back, till 2 days back it was working as expected. But when i try to restart my laptop today i see error message, got shocked, i dint install much aplications.

Error:Your device needs to be repaired

errorcode :0xc0000034

Laptop came with preinstalled windows 10 OS. it is under warranty only. Can any one suggest how to resolve this issue? and under warranty what is the process to the issues resolved?

When i see in the internet, many suggestions are there. i dont have USB with windows 10 OS.

Iam worrying on this. Please help.

-Ashok

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @Ashok0492

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are getting "0xc0000034" on startup. Don't worry, I will be glad to help.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Have you made any hardware changes on the computer?

Please disconnect any devices connected to your computer. 

If you have any USB or DVD in the computer, please disconnect it.

Perform a power reset on the computer. Click here for assistance. 

Disconnect the adapter, remove the battery (if it can be removed)

Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain the static in the computer. 

Connect the adapter and battery to the computer. 

Turn the computer ON and keep tapping F2 or ESC repeatedly on startup. 

This should get you to a Startup Menu and from there you can select System Diagnostics. 

Please select system diagnostics and run a system test. 

If the test fails, please contact our phone support for the service options.

If the test passes. Please exit system diagnostics.

Go back to the Startup menu and select recovery manager. 

In recovery manager, please select troubleshoot and then select advanced options. 

In advanced options, please select automatic repair. 

Please refer to this Microsoft post for assistance. (Post is for Windows 8, but the procedure is the same for Windows 10 as well.)

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings @Ashok0492

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are getting "0xc0000034" on startup. Don't worry, I will be glad to help.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Have you made any hardware changes on the computer?

Please disconnect any devices connected to your computer. 

If you have any USB or DVD in the computer, please disconnect it.

Perform a power reset on the computer. Click here for assistance. 

Disconnect the adapter, remove the battery (if it can be removed)

Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain the static in the computer. 

Connect the adapter and battery to the computer. 

Turn the computer ON and keep tapping F2 or ESC repeatedly on startup. 

This should get you to a Startup Menu and from there you can select System Diagnostics. 

Please select system diagnostics and run a system test. 

If the test fails, please contact our phone support for the service options.

If the test passes. Please exit system diagnostics.

Go back to the Startup menu and select recovery manager. 

In recovery manager, please select troubleshoot and then select advanced options. 

In advanced options, please select automatic repair. 

Please refer to this Microsoft post for assistance. (Post is for Windows 8, but the procedure is the same for Windows 10 as well.)

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the quick response. I have to chekc all the suggested tests.

Hope it shoud resolve the issue.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please do post on our Forums for any technical assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The provided information was help ful, but it dint help me in my case. even if i press f11 or esc, it keeps coming blue screen with error code. I have contacted HP support with which i came to know that issue is with OS. the suggestion is to order "recovery media file", i have orderd the same.

But my suggestion would be when ever you are issueing new laptop make sure all the important things to be done like creating media recovery and some software related mandatory configurations by the customer . 

It would help us greatly.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and the feedback. Please use the recovery kit to reinstall the OS. That should have your computer running again. 

Once the computer is running, please run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here to know more.

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i coudn't able to do with recovery media cd's provided as there were issues occured, i have contacted HP again and the suggestion is to go HP service center. Accedentally some how my system formatted with some command i used, so i have instaled windows 7 OS with the help of my friends.

Please confirm me one thing

Product is under warraty only. tell me the best way to install the windows OS now? Will there be any charges to install windows 10.

and where do i find the product ley details for pre installed windows 10.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and I am glad to hear that the computer is working fine now. 

If you have installed Windows 7 on the computer using the recovery kit meant for your computer. You can upgrade to Windows 10 using the email address that you used to sign up for Windows 10 upgrade. 

You can refer to this Microsoft article for assistance in upgrading your computer to Windows 10. 

Install all the Windows updates, you will be prompted to get Windows 10 automatically. 

If not you can refer to this Microsoft article for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.