Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've just replaced the HDD in my Pavilion 15 notebook (Product number K7R25EA#AU) and I tried using the Recovery Manager and when it booted it said "The system recovery media does not support this computer. You are not able to restore this system with the media." and the error code was "0110-K7R28EA#ABU-K7R25EA#ABU". 

I've researched this and sounds like my laptop model doesn't match up with the recovery media ID so its failing.  I purchased the laptop and the recovery media from a local store a ferw years ago and its the first time I've needed to use the media.

Could someone please advise.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In the USA, as I am, HP provides links to order the media from them. On the other side on the big pond, however, HP uses Best2Serve as their source of recovery media. Since I don't know if HP actually handles recovery media in your region, I can only suggest that you contact them directly. Please see HP Customer Support - Contact to do so.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

It appears you own an HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p189na while the recovery media appears to be for an HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p199na. I guess the retailer handed you the wrong recovery media at the time of the sale. If you didn't create your own set using the computer you purchased, you will most likely have to purchase new media from Best2Serve (K7R25EA).

Frank

***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP Recommended

Hi lasvegaswireman,

Ahh OK that makes sense now.  I'll get that sorted.  Thanks for your help and I appreciate the quick reply 🙂

Stu

HP Recommended

Hi lasvegaswireman/anyone,

Sorry to "reopen" this thread again but just another question please.

Today I visited the store where I purchased the laptop and they were very unhelpful. The laptop is out of warranty. They said it was HP's fault there is a mismatch between my model laptop and the recovery media.  They said when they originally prepared the laptop in store they will have built the recovery media using the HP software on the laptop and it must that have been a "faulty batch" of O/S builds.  I don't believe them to be honest.  If this is true, is it possible HP can send me a set of recovery media free of charge, or must I order and pay for these?

Thanks,

Stu

HP Recommended

In the USA, as I am, HP provides links to order the media from them. On the other side on the big pond, however, HP uses Best2Serve as their source of recovery media. Since I don't know if HP actually handles recovery media in your region, I can only suggest that you contact them directly. Please see HP Customer Support - Contact to do so.

Frank

HP Recommended

Yeah I noticed in the UK Best2Serve sell them.  I'll purchase some.  Thanks again for the help lasvegaswirenan 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.