Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g4-1065la.
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just turned my pc on as usual, and suddenly is shown an error message indicating that I have to do a backup of my hard drive and run a hard drive test from boot.  I followed the steps and the hard drive test shows the following info: 

Testing Drive:1

SMART Check: Failed

Failure ID: 9LM48C-5LC84A-XD014J-608V03

Product ID: LM754LA#ABM

Hard disk 1

Hard Disk Test: FAILED

What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The 24 character error code is a failure of the short Disk Self Test ( DST ) and would indicate that the Hard Drive is failing and needs to be replaced.

If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced - If needed, you can check your warranty status Here.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP and I am not an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

The 24 character error code is a failure of the short Disk Self Test ( DST ) and would indicate that the Hard Drive is failing and needs to be replaced.

If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced - If needed, you can check your warranty status Here.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP and I am not an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi leromerom... the error is actually your hard drive itself telling you that it is about to fail!  Our hard drives utilize a technology called SMART that continually montor themselves for signs of impending failure.  This message is telling you that you should act quickly!!

Please back up your data immediately (either to removable media or to the cloud) and have the hard drive replaced.  I don't know what country / region you're calling from, but you can contact HP support for your area and they can assist you... and of course, if the unit is in warranty the replacement would be covered at no cost.

Good luck!

DISCLAIMER: I am an HP employee, but I am not a spokesperson for HP.

• If you found this information helpful, please take a moment to click on "Accept as Solution".
  • If you'd like to say thanks, please click on the "thumbs up" icon to give me Kudos!
HP Recommended

Hello,

Seems like the Hard drive of the unit has failed , 

we will have to contact HP technical support to replace the Hard drive.

#hpexpertday

Regards;
Smiley
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
HP Recommended

Dear Customer ,

Greetings for the day!!!

issue reported hdd faulty

1 based on hdd diagnostics the hdd had gone faulty with error codes

2.we request to contact the HP REP in country of purchase for the notebook to seek further solutions.

3.based on the information provided the best possible solutions will be suggested .

#hpexpertday

I am an HP employee

In case the solution provided was resourceful please accept and if successful,please do not forget to give it thumps up on white Kudos!!!

Regards

Vijay Sharma

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

Regards,
Vijay
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.