Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17t-n000 CTO M8W98AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently did Clean Install Windows 10 64 Bit on my HP ENVY 17t-n000 CTO M8W98AV.

I downloaded and installed latest HP Support Assistant. I executed it and downloaded drivers. But it didn't downloaded drivers like YouCam, Simple Pass, Coolsense, 3D DriveGuard.

So I manually dowloaded and installed all drivers from http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-17-n000-Notebook-PC-(Touch)/7777355/model/86...

Earlier I had Face Login feature via YouCam. But the YouCam Driver I downloaded (Cyberlink YouCam Software version 6.0.1.4301 Rev.A) doesn't have Face Login feature. Now sure how it's missing. 

So I manually downloaded You Cam 7 from Cyberlink site. It have Face Login feature. But that software is trial version, can't use for long run.

AM not sure why Face Login is missing in YouCam driver available on HP Downloads page (URL above). How to get it back without rely on You Cam 7 Trial version.

Since I did clean install, I don't get HP Recovery Manager. Is there a way to get Recovery Manager on Clean Install Windows 10?

Venkatesh R
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I fixed the YouCam Face login issue. 

Just copied the Cyberlink YouCam Software sp64853.exe from my ENVY M7 J010dx Laptop and installed in this ENVY 17t-n000 CTO. 

I got YouCam 5 with Face Login feature on that. 🙂

Venkatesh R

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @venkatx5,

Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that the YouCam Software you downloaded from HP website does not have face login function. I want to assist you in this matter.

The full recovery manager program is not available for download, the only way I know to get it back is to use HP Recovery from the hard drive (F11 at boot time) or Recovery media to re-install Windows and all the HP software. You will lose all personal data when you do this so back up before restoring.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I fixed the YouCam Face login issue. 

Just copied the Cyberlink YouCam Software sp64853.exe from my ENVY M7 J010dx Laptop and installed in this ENVY 17t-n000 CTO. 

I got YouCam 5 with Face Login feature on that. 🙂

Venkatesh R
HP Recommended

On my HP, i went to this in folders:  C:\SWSetup\Youcam. Can run Setup.exe there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.