Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

fail HP UPDATES  2 MONTHS

HP Recommended

I don't know what the heck I would do without people like you helping out people like me !!!  I very much appreciate the time you devote to helping out those of us who are not "computer savy" .. thx again

HP Recommended
Fixed my HP ENVY x360 Assistance thank you for your help!
HP Recommended

I've tried this solution, it doesn't work.   I've searched for hours to find a solution that works on my machine and quite frankly HP doesn't seem interested in helping me.  I've been trying to "update" my computer software from HP using the HP Support Assistant.  I've updated the HP assistant to what seems like the latest version but EVERY SINGLE time I try and use it the thing states "Failed installation: Sorry, we encountered an error. Please try again later".  It doesn't state what error happened or any more information but fails, EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!!   This is so annoying at this point, is there anyone at HP who is interested in whether their software actually works?   I'd really like a solution to this problem, not to be constantly rerouted to the same useless page that serve's no solution and is obvioulsy 7 years old.  My machine crashed and reloading windows 10 was the only way to get it to work after the latest Windows "update" , now I can't get HP to update at all.

My machine is a HP- FH7S9FEG Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.3GHz 2.4 GHz 

HP Recommended

HP Support Assistant is not essential software. You already have WIndows Update to handle WIndows updates (both essential and optional ones). If HPSA is incapable of updating itself without errors, just go to "Add or remove programs" (or "Apps and features") in your Windows Settings/Control Panel, then select HP Support Assistant, and select "Uninstall." Don't worry about finding and installing the updated version. You will be fine without it. 

Updates to HP device drivers and other such things are much less frequent than Windows system updates. Your PC should be fine with just Windows Update. If you have an HP printer or all-in-one, visit the HP Support website once a quarter or so and look for new drivers or firmware for your model. Also do this if you run into trouble that a reboot can't fix. Don't worry about software updates other than drivers and firmware. You don't need them. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.