Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp probook 4330s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

when are they expecting to include the drivers for finger print recognition and hp protective tools to operating systems like windows 8 and windows 10.

this is because its like the feature has no use as per now and its been long since there is no solution yet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please install the HP Client Security Manager first using the link below:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_152827_1

And then install the HP Fingerprint Scanner Drive using this link:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5045445&swItemId=ob_134806_1&swEnvOid=415...

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

I am an HP employee.
Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

ssotimo

Please test the driver

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please install the HP Client Security Manager first using the link below:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_152827_1

And then install the HP Fingerprint Scanner Drive using this link:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5045445&swItemId=ob_134806_1&swEnvOid=415...

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Thanks Alot people

HP Recommended

The computer that I have is a Pavilion DV6T 7000. It came with fingerprint reader and Windows 7 Pro. It now is running Windows 10 Pro. After a Reset PC, the reader stopped working, even though it worked fine on Windows 8.1 and 10 previously. No longer am I able to restore Windows 7 Pro to capture fingerprint reader.

Previously I had good experience uninstalling the biometric driver and during restart the proper driver loaded. This fix does not work now. There are so many different solutions proposed on HP forum and so far none have worked for me. Does Simplepass need to be restored? if so, there is indications that the latest drivers may not work correctly.

So far this solution does not seem to work either. The first link suggested goes to a page that is not available. The second link goes to download sp66915. I downloaded and ran the patch.  This is not fixing/restoreing function for the reader.

What do I need to do? Is there any help that you can provide?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello.

In my case (HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC, 64 bit) with Windows 10 Pro, I uninstalled all simple pass software by means of revo-uninstaller.

Then, I composed a finger print for Windows Hello in the settings. You first need to make a pin code.

After rebooting the notebook the finger print reader works well to log in.

Try this method, and if you are successful, please let it know.

Success.

HP Recommended

Try this:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Bin then go all the way to the bottom and doulble click on setup launcher, not the installer, but the launcher, and then choose repair. That's it!

HP Recommended

Hi!

I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.

Please post in a new thread for better exposure. It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.

1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you!"

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.