Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite Slice
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please i have been having issues with the fingerprint on the HP Elite Slice and no update to fix the issue from HP.

Any work around?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@rosemo

@rosemo wrote:

Please i have been having issues with the fingerprint on the HP Elite Slice and no update to fix the issue from HP.

Any work around?

Drivers for your system, including those for both the fingerprint reader and the security software, are available at your computer's Driver Page.

HP Elite Slice - Software and Drivers

Fingerprint Reader Driver:

Synaptics VFS7552 WBF Touch Fingerprint Driver

Client Security Software:

HP Client Security Manager

"Issues" covers a lot of territory ...

Prerequsites are important: 

• Windows Updates must be current and installed

Caveat:  

IF the issue appeared suddenly after a particular Update was installed > Check the Updates list > Find the culprit Windows Update > Uninstall that Update

• HP Driver Updates must be installed / current

Caveat:

Do NOT allow the HP Support Assistant to install a BIOS update onto your computer.  Set the program to "Notify" > read the list > set to "Ignore" any update that mentions the BIOS.  BIOS updates must / should be downloaded and installed manually and only after due consideration.

• Windows Hello requires the installation and use of a PIN logon to enable the fingerprint reader.  This must be set up before Client Security is added to the "mix".

Windows 10 Sign-in options

PIN assignment is mandatory to enable fingerprint reader.

Windows key > Settings > Account > Sign-in Options > PIN number

• Windows Hello and the Windows fingerprint logon

Help / How-to:   

Add or Remove Fingerprint logon - Windows 10

Fingerprint - Add or Remove Fingers in Windows 8.1

•  Client Security Prerequsites must be met - open the Driver page for the software > read about and ensure that prequsites are installed / up-to-date.

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response and advice on what to do.

But the fingerprint is active and am getting "Fingerprint not verified" and the fingerprint is recognzing my enrolled prints.

please advice.

HP Recommended

@rosemo

@rosemo wrote:

Thanks for the response and advice on what to do.

But the fingerprint is active and am getting "Fingerprint not verified" and the fingerprint is recognzing my enrolled prints.

please advice.

You are welcome.

Ideas

1. Uninstall the fingerprint driver from the Device Manager >
  2. Restart the computer and log in
  3. The driver will reinstall itself

OR

Try / Consider the fix contributed to the Microsoft forum:

"Fingerprint is not verified" error message on using Hello feature on Windows 10 after upgrading fro...

Caveat:  I understand you did not say you migrated the OS -- the essentials in the answer may apply.

OR

1. Ensure you can log into your computer without the fingerprint manager
  2. If you have not done so, download the fingerprint Driver to your computer
  3. Uninstall AND tick the box to Delete the driver in the Device Manager
  4. Shut down the computer
  5. Boot the computer and log in
  6. Install the downloaded driver
  7. Restart the computer and log in

OR

1. Remove the existing fingerprints >  Option Three
  2. Enroll new set of fingerprints > Option Two

Good Luck.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Unfortunatelty still not able to verify the fingerprint even on HP Client Security.

I have followed all the steps and cant get it to work

And anytime i delete the fingerprint on M Hello and come back to add new its says fingerprint already exist. 

I need to get the first factory software for the fingerprint, as it might work.

HP Recommended

@rosemo

Assuming you have rebooted the machine after removal and before adding new 'prints...

Interesting -- anytime I have removed all the fingerprints, they do "go away".  So.. no help there.

You can certainly try the previous version of the fingerprint Driver.

Click open the Revision History tab on the Driver page.

Client Security also lists a previous version on it's Driver / Software page.

Already mentioned - worth the repeat - ensure your other HP Drivers are up-to-date.  For example, at least check the Chipset driver.

If I have anything else to offer, I will post back.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.