Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello shearlonil.  I understand you need to restore your BIOS.

This document contains the instructions. 

Let me know the results.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

@Rus2lan
Where can I get the pheonix tool?  When I downloaded BIOS files for my HP Envy, and after extracting, it has insyde.exe and two .fd files. Just renaming .fd into .bin and .sig didn't do the trick ! So how can I get the required files from .fd file?

HP Recommended
Latest version

v2.19 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/drgjej
SHA1 - DEB9C832A2637FBFA0134E155E7BE6C970BE4FB2

FIX: Warnings when replacing module in treeview that has wrong size information in headers
FIX: Inserting new modules into a specific FV didn't work for 'New Module' method
FIX: Empty modules in a GUID module where not identified
HP Recommended

Hey thanks for the link. I have installed Phoenix Tool and it works. On the other hand I've BIOS files of the format .fd
I need them to be extracted as .bin and .sig files. But when I open .fd file in phoenix at the place of Original Bios, it shows an error message : "Not Phoenix/Dell/Insyde/EFI BIOS". By the way, I'm using Windows XP on my old desktop.

HP Recommended

Help me on how to work with the Phoenix Tool.

HP Recommended
Did you unpack .exe file?
HP Recommended

Did I unpack the BIOS setup file(.exe) ?
I extracted .exe file and got two .fd bios files.

Then I uploaded one of the .fd files to Phoenix Model tool (in the place of Original Bios), but I just get the error message.
Alse my lap is a 2013 model. And its BIOS is F.24 !
Either my files won't work with Phoenix or I'm using the Phoenix in the wrong way.

HP Recommended

Hi JesseUP:

I am sorry you are having issue with your notebook. I  would like to help!

I see from your post that your are  getting a corrupt bios error.  I am sending you a link to a document  on "HP BIOS Application Selected is Corrupt or Missing"  click here. Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hello.

Can someone please tell me where to download HP UEFI BIOS Update SoftPAQ or the new HP UEFI Support Environment SoftPAQ for a Compaq Presario CQ61-411WM?

I have a BIOS corruption error and the notebook does not complete the POST test so I can't get to Windows. Only option is to create a Flash Disk with the correct BIOS on it.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with a HP630 notbook right after an GP update. Just like HP printers. When they go out of warrenty they dowload an update and then they stop working. HP has resorted to f*%&^$# scandoulous practices and I will never buy a f&)^%$# HP ever again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.