Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elite Book 8440 p
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Good morning, I would like to format my 8440 p, because it is a business computer with a whole series of restrictions related to the Policy, so I want to completely wipe the drive and start from scratch.
I read on the forum https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/8440p-quot-windows-10-quot/td-p... "I would not recommend updating to Windows 10 on the HP 8440p Intel Core i5-520M if you have the Intel HD Graphics. There are issues with this graphics driver and Windows 10 (not supported for Windows 10 for Intels site). "
Being an old notebook, the company I work for has given me as a PC back-up in case of problems. The Pc had caricaricato as the operating system Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.
I upgraded to Windows 10, taking advantage of the promotion microsoft, to avoid paying it in the future, and they are six months that it works perfectly.
I have no particular sympathy for windows 10, but at the moment I see no drawbacks to not having to reload.
The procedure that I would follow is as follows:
Starting from the USB key that I created with the creation of media microsoft tool:

1) I enter the bios and I choose to do it from the USB key
2) Reboot, and then reading the key should format the disk c
3) Then reinstall the drivers, I have previously downloaded from the HP website, even if they are for windows 7.

Or is it better to go to disk C, the right mouse format and then restart

Michele

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Nope.

All I just did was let you know that new drivers from HP or Intel are unfortunately not going to happen.

It is your own choice to decide which way to go with the notebook.

I would stick with Windows 7 and even consider dual booting with a Linux OS. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The issue with Intel Core i5-520M and the Intel HD graphics still exists.

Intel has no plans to provide a  Windows update HD graphics driver and it no longer provides support for the  processor .

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

So you want me to say that you would not do, and after formatting the disk should reload windows 7 professional?
Thanks anyway in advance deposit of the board.

Michele

HP Recommended

Nope.

All I just did was let you know that new drivers from HP or Intel are unfortunately not going to happen.

It is your own choice to decide which way to go with the notebook.

I would stick with Windows 7 and even consider dual booting with a Linux OS. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.