Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Yes you may try that.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Select the space needed(occupied) not total space of each partition as it is from HDD while cloning

HP Recommended

i am done clonning and also making the ssd my boot drive , everything runs very fast and smooth now and i am currently formatting my old c drive(which is now F drive). I wanted to ask about the other partitions i have already clonned to my ssd(the 260mb space and also the 980mb drive on disk 1:screen shot attached) Should i format those too?capture3.PNG

HP Recommended

Good job done!

Yes you can format the old drive competely, no need of any partitions if your planning to make it storage only drive.

In any case if you need to factory reset old drive in future, you can use Recovery USB to do it in old drive.
HP Recommended

Iam using the hdd as storage for music , movies , games and other data. Thanks a lot for all the help , i really appreciate your effort 🙂

HP Recommended

Most welcome to help you.

Good luck!

Have a great day ahead.

HP Recommended
OK i am guessing i have another problem XD , I am not able to format the small 980mb and the other partition. It doesn't allow me to do it for one and shoes help option for another. Its night time , going to sleep , so you won't be getting a response for sometime. Thanks.
HP Recommended

Take it out, connect to notebook via SATA to USB adapter. Then format it competely. Put it back.

HP Recommended
If I do that , wont my recovery D partition be deleted too? If I am doing this , should I also clone the D partition too?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.