Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I went to turn on my G62 today and i heard the fan running and it tried to boot up but stopped. The screen was completely black and the caps lock key blinks steady one blink every like 5 seconds.

It was running perfectly fine yesterday!

Someone told me it sounds like a bios problem but when i searched the forum for a fix it said to start it up while holding the windows and B keys and turning it on. This didnt do anything and now i need a fix?

Anyone that can help it would be appreciated greatly!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
Hard reset fixes issue.

But still do it again as follows:
1) Turn off laptop.
2) Remove battery and AC plug.
3) Press and hold Power button for 1 minute, do it thrice.
4) Now put battery and plug AC.
5) Now press power button.
6) Go to BIOS settings and reset all.

Above worked for me.

|___________________________|
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would first like to thank you for being a part of the HP Family. I have a document on a possible solution for your issue. If the hard reset did not work there could be more that’s happening with the unit. A blinking caps lock can mean several things depending on how many blinks per second.

Blink Codes

If more assistance is needed please reply

Thanks for choosing HP

I work for HP, consumer notebooks and desktops.
HP Recommended

i did the no battery, no acc, push the power button for a few minutes thing and got noting.  even pulled the memory looking for beeps becase my old hp would yell at me if there was no memory.  My hard drive spins up, the cd in the cd rom spins up but i still get the caps lock light every 5 seconds.. funny it was working this morning when i bought a new i7 touchscreen for my daughter....maybe it got jealous...  is it done..

HP Recommended

Could you please give me the exact product number for your computer?

If you need help finding it, you can use the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

XX390UA3ABA  MODEL G62-367DX

HP Recommended

It is possible that the LCD panel has gone bad. However, I would first recommend that you take a look at the following document and use it to troubleshoot your issue.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443371

Try those steps and let me know the result. 

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I thought that but conectiing a monitor and doing a fn f4 does nothing.  I have a multibay and took out the hard drive but the 2 hard drive caddies dont match thehard drive.  is there a hard drive tray for the multibay caddie for this hard drive so i can pull my data off?

HP Recommended
I did the hard reset for 15 secs and it works - I am now backing up my stuff.

Gonna do reset of the bios after.

Thanks a lot.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.