12-20-2012 12:40 PM
Received a brand new HP Probook 4730 laptop yesterday and decided that I did not want all the extras that were installed. I wanted to reintall the OS with nothing else. Then reinstall all the apps I need. I have a CD of Windows 7 Professional and booted off that CD. Reformatted the drives after removing the partitions and proceeded to install the OS. It stated going through the process of expanding the files and at 33% it came up wtih the following error:
Windows Cannot Install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installaiton. Error Code 0x80070570
I've reformatted and not luck.
Removed one memory stick and tried no luck
Removed the other and replaced if the other, no luck.
I actually have the ISO and so burned a new install DVD and no luck.
Removed security from BIOS and no luck.
I'm beginning to think that the Bluray CD Drive is having issues reading a DVD.
And yes I did not create a recovery CD. I've order the Media for the OS which will be coming in a week or so. But I'm still puzzled.
12-21-2012 07:06 AM
Can you try and burn a new DVD at 4X speed or slower ?
Also, Do a clean install http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1649-clean-in
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)