Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, I tried to reset my laptop to factory setting and used the 3 recovery CD's provided with my laptop. After recovery is completed. I get an error saying P2PP BurnBoot check failed.

I am not able to log in to windowns and my laptop is lying idel. Can you plz help me to get this resolved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Having just suffered this problem on two of my own laptops, it seems the way to fix it is documented in this thread:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-e-g-Windows-8-and-Software/restoration-faile...

In short: Boot into the BIOS when the laptop loads by pressing F10 - change the date from 2013 to 2012 and then attempt to run the recovery again. When it's completed successfully and loads into Windows you should then install the patch/update detailed in the thread above to make sure you can perform successful recoveries in the future.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Sometimes resetting BIOS to Default settings resolves this. Enter BIOS by tapping the F10 key immediately after powering on.Once into BIOS, tap the F9 key to reset Defaults.Next tap F10 to Save & Exit. Be sure the wireless is turned on also. Boot with Recovery Disks and try again.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
I tried recovering after resetting BIOS to default settings. Still getting the same error. Can you help plz.
HP Recommended

Having just suffered this problem on two of my own laptops, it seems the way to fix it is documented in this thread:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-e-g-Windows-8-and-Software/restoration-faile...

In short: Boot into the BIOS when the laptop loads by pressing F10 - change the date from 2013 to 2012 and then attempt to run the recovery again. When it's completed successfully and loads into Windows you should then install the patch/update detailed in the thread above to make sure you can perform successful recoveries in the future.

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended
Awesome worked absolutely perfect. Thanks a ton.
HP Recommended
Bro i an getting the same problem P2PP BurnBoot Check Failed. PLEASE HELP ME:) . . .
Thanks in advance.
HP Recommended

@Charag 

Did you try the answer marked as Solution in this thread?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Recovery/Getting-p2pp-burn-boot-check-failed/m-p/2719183#M2852...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Yes i did what is posted in the thread but again same problem. I purchased my LAPTOP in 2013. It is HP Pavilion n009tu notebook 14 with windows 8.
HP Recommended
My product number is F0C29PA.
HP Recommended
i am also facing same problem. Please tell me what to do.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.