Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I am currently using pirated version of windows 8. And HP personals are working on this problem. It will be solved in few days. I will update you then. Thanks.
HP Recommended
thanks dear. I am also using pirate version . Its working fine..
HP Recommended

@raja29
Contact me on [edited personal Information by Moderator]

HP Recommended
hi. Dear. I have added you.. Check reqeust from rajkumar maity.
HP Recommended

Hi @Charag,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I needed to edit your post and remove the personal information. IN accordance with our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

i am getting the same problem i posted my own question with more detail but i tried f10 but nothing iam trying to install the recovery media i also get

Hello, my hard drive was earased i bought the recovery media that HP told me i needed, 4 discs came, one is a "application and drivere recovery  dvd" a "supplement disc". it "contains software and drivers already installed for software reinstalation and repair only" so the disc says.  the other 3 are "system recovery dvd windows 7 recovery media for windows 7 product service pack 1". there are 3 discs with the same name just "disc 1,2, 3.

i followed he directions that came with it, "inserting the discs by numbers when prompted to., 1, 2, 3 then the appl & driver rec dvd. i have done it a few times and got a message it failed when i clicked the "details" button and scrolled down (all the info i seen is forien to me) i seen a fe "pass" and only one "fail"

the fail was an 'error level=1603"

the screen looked like this

####################################################################################

[Mon 10/19/2015]

[20:41:54.61] begining of the HPQW_BBV.CMD

####################################################################################

[20:41:54.61] MIR DETECTED 

[20:41:54.63] INSTALL HP QUICKWEB3.1 (HYPERSPACE) FOR CONSUMER NOTEBOOKS

[8:41:54 PM] SET DELIVERABLE FOLDER : C : \SwSetup\HPQW

[8:41:54 PM]Set deliverable Name: HP QuickWeb3.1(HyperSpace) for consumer notebook

[8:41:54 PM] Infobom path: C:\System.sav\info.bom

[8:41:54 PM] CVA file: HPQW10197.cva

[8:41:54 pm] Version from CVA: 3.1.1.10197A1

[8:41:54 PM] Install file: "setup.exe"

[8:41:54 PM] Silent Install command: "SETUP.exe" /s/sms/v"/qn

[8:41:54 PM] C:SwSetup\HPQW\setup.exe has been found

[8:41:54 PM] Version match with info.bom: 3.1.1.1097 A1

[8:41:54 PM] Deliverable size: 785,207 kbytes

[8:41:54 PM] System used: 56,737,500 kbytes

[8:41:54 PM] Current Directory; C:\SwSetup\HPQW

[8:41:54 PM] Run silent iinstall command: "SETUP.exe" /s/sms/v"/qn"

[8:41:54 PM] return code: 1603

[8:41:54 PM] Size Extend: 608 kbytes

[20:41:57.29] Results of the HP Quickweb3.1 (Hyper Spavce) for  Consumer notebooks

ERRORLEVEL=1603

RESULTS=FAILED

Standard Error information...

Standard out information...

Results=FAIL

after that i get a bunch of what passed i need help. i was selling the hard drive to a freind the money fell through i got it back he said he removed everything 

thanks for the help 

HP Recommended
Hello guys i m back.
I have solved this problem of mine.
Hello ca-dad its hardware problem. Remove the network adapter and try recovery again from the provided cds. Thanks
HP Recommended

Thank you HP for screwing up my PC when I decided to reset factory settings, 
thank you for selling me some useless recovery CDs for GBP 40,
thank you HP customer support helpline for telling me that nobody ever experienced this issue (seriously!), and that the issue most likely came from my Hardware, and that I should go to a local shop to get it fixed (because they stopped servicing HP Pavilion dm4-3000ea last month), and putting me through to the sales team who tried to convice  me to buy a new laptop for 20% off!
and thank you now for deleting the email address of someone who could potentially help!

THANK YOU for this Great service!

I never saw a company which tries so blatently to make money by offering services after screwing up customers' products.

COULD YOU HAVE NOT FIXED THIS SOFTWARE ISSUE AFTER READING CUSTOMERS' FEEDBACK ON THIS BLOG????? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.