Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi this is tied to the quick launch buttons, i uninstalled it and have had no more adapter pop ups since, hope it works for others 😉

HP Recommended

Uninstall HP Support assisstant and HP Quick launch. This will definitely fix the problem!

HP Recommended

I found this in another forum topic on here and it's worked for me.

"In Windows Explorer go to the following:

1- C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch

2- Delete file HP CnbToaster.dll

3- Delete file HPUSRMSG.exe

4- Delete file HP Smart Adapter Help"

All I had to do was delete Smart Adapter Help and it worked.

HP Recommended

This Message is really bogus and totally not appropiate. I bought an HP laptop and I don't understand why I am being interrupted while I am working in my laptop by a HP Smart Adapter comercial.

"HP offers a wide range of Smart AC Adapter fro your convenience, replacement, and travel needs. Find these accesories and more at select retailers"...

Why does HP think that they can interrupt my work/use of my laptop with a message about selling HP accessories and retailers. Is this in the HP Contract that when I purchase an laptop from HP?

Can HP be excused to send me pop up messages to sell me stuff every 5 min (no exageration) and stopping everything I am doing???? I have this message poping up three times already while I was tying this reply!

It is a laptop what I purchased and if I want to see pop up commercials, I go to the regular TV, or I try to filter them in my inbox.. but never interrupt my work, or whatever I am doing.. I do not care about your accessories and frankly.. .I am starting not to care about HP!

HP FIX IT!!! don't make your customers try to workaround an issue that you created!!!

HP Recommended

HP Smart Adapter (nag screen)

This problem occurred after return from HP repair center for other issues...
It did not happen before the computer was sent in for repair...

When plugged in the AC adapter a Black Screen pops-up suggestinag that there is a problem with the AC adapter...
Low power/Low voltage/ and etc "A problem"  alarm issue. Or upgrade to Smart Adapter more watts/power

HP Tech Support solution is to Disable the Alarm reporting feature.
Go to Task Manager  (control alt del)
Select Task Manager
Select Startup Tab
Select HP Message Sevices and Disable it
Restart Computer (reboot)
To test, plug in charge and unplug charger the Nag Screen will not appear again and disppear when unplugged.
The reverse enable the services

This also disables the HP Message serve, a bad idea. other problem will not showup when they happen.

This is no way to fix such issues.. Bad produce concept....

Provide an approved and adequate charger when purchasing an expenive laptop, don't try to upsell product with nag screens.

Then they have the guts to toss in a $10 off coupon on $60 or more purchase..     CMA

This nag screen issue is another way to tell me NEVER by another HP produce...  I no longer trust HP products

------------------------------------------------

Update>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As seen with the issues above, it appears the solution as to:

Remove battery

Disconnect Charger Unit

Attempt to power up unit with nothing connected 

Then install battery, power up laptop, no nag screens found...

Until next time... This is stll a flakey fix activities, but it worked on my HP Laptop...

Beats the turn message system OFF concept by Tech Support....

With the Message System enabled no more nap screens...

Next Tech Support concept...

If you check engine light is on in your car remove indicator lamp, problem solved!!!!  UNTIL!!!

HP Recommended

Duh you think?  So Stop It already.

HP Recommended

Go to c:\program files(x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP System Event . You will find the culprit with a name "SmrtAdptr.exe" Just rename this file to any other name (like in my case I renamed it to "NotSoSmrtAdptr.exe)  thats it.It will solve your nagging pop up problem and even the "plugged in, not charging problem". It will also not force you to use a dimmed desktop.
Just for your info :This happens in case you have changed your motherboard recently. The exe gets added as a part of an update for HP services. This is just a marketing strategy to coax you to buy higher powered batteries etc. Hope this really helps (maybe late but may be useful to someone facing this issue recently.

Spoiler
Its so simple to be difficult yet so difficult to be simple ~

@gwilliams69 wrote:

how do i get this stupid ass hp smart adapter off

HP Recommended

It is annoying I agree. But on a more serious note, I am more concerned with your lack of knowledge of proper English and punctuation, not to mention your atrocious spelling. I could let it go, but if your screen name is "Honor Student", you might want to take another English class or two and brush up. Something to think about sport.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.