Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a pavilion dv7. I'm asking if I can get the latest version of HP 3D DriveGuard, because I'm searching for it and there are so much of different versions and I don't know which is the latest. Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this version.

The hardware version of the 3D driveguard you have only has driver support through W8.1, but the W8.1 driver works just fine...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this version.

The hardware version of the 3D driveguard you have only has driver support through W8.1, but the W8.1 driver works just fine...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

HP Recommended

I found this for windows 10: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_150660_1

that's why I'm asking. Is that the wrong version or what?

Thanks for the answer.

HP Recommended

Yes, the version you found (and any other version of the 3D driveguard driver that says it is for W10) is the wrong version.

Here is the long story...

There are 3 variations of the 3D driveguard driver hardware in HP notebooks.

The original hardware version which goes back to about 2005 and runs through the dv6/7-7000 model series.

It has a hardware ID of ACPI\HPQ0004

The second version which only lasted a year or two which has a hardware ID of ACPI\HPQ6000

And the current version which started around 2013, which as a hardware ID of ACPI\HPQ6007.

There are specific drivers for each of the hardware versions.  The first two do not have drivers for W10.

Only the last hardware version (ACPI\HPQ6007) has W10 drivers available.

You can use the W7/W8 driver from your notebook's support page and that will also work fine on W10, but I have provided the final release of the driver for your notebook which supports W8.1 and will also work just fine on W10.

So, if you want the 3D driveguard driver to install, you will have to use the one I posted.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the detailed answer!.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You have a nice day too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.