Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I'm also having a boot device not found please insert boot disk and press any key can I please have some help
HP Recommended

Hi @acenme22,

Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that you received message of "boot device not found please insert boot disk and press any key" on your laptop. In order to better assist you, can you post back the product number and version of Windows installed on your laptop?

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Looking forward to your reply!

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Boot Device Not Found
Please install an operating system on your hard disk.
Hard Disk - (3F0)
F2 System Diagnostics
For more information, please visit: www.hp/go/techcenter/startup
HP Recommended

Upon Opening the Computer

steps:

1. go to bios (press esc after you just turn on the pc/laptop/netbook.

2. f10 or just go to bios

3. go to boot option and enable the legacy format.

4. press f10 to save then exit.

5. at startboot, message will appear for another error

Operating system BOot mode change

1345 (or any code appear 5468.... 1235...)  + ENTER - to Complete Change <<<<----- just type what the OS is saying for short on keyboard. Then everything will go normal again..

if u press esc again, the error 3F0 always occur and u wont be solving the problem

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.