Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@BLINDPRINCESS wrote:

That might help for you but I can not physcal swap out a motherboard and best buy says there is no way in this style of laptop to do it without replacing everything

None of us can swap out they don't make a swappable solution.

HP Recommended

hear is what I was told my a tech at best buy just a few min ago ... all of the hp laptops that are out now have this very same processor so it is pointless to even go buy a new one ..

HP Recommended

I am wondering why this issue is only affecting HP Notebooks.  

The Carrizo Processor is not specific to HP it was a processor manufactured by AMD and is used by several manufacturers.

I have not seen a lot of complaints about this issue occuring on Dell laptops for example.  The only systems I see people having this issue with is HP.

So when HP says it is an AMD issue why isn't the problem occuring on a Dell or the other manufacturers?? If it is occurring why isn't it being reported or complained about on their forum/community sites? Is it because they used this processor is lower numbers? Other manufacturers are treating their customers better and replacing the issue? Or it is specific only to HP and HP does not want to admit they have a manufacturing defect on all systems running the Carrizo CPU?

HP Recommended

actually its cost around 47k in idian rupess which is near 727$ usd but how to confirm about the buy back issue should i call them or mail them with my issue ?

HP Recommended

@Schrammbo 

Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Omar-E

I appreciate your input.  

Clearly I am not the only person with this issue.  Trust me I want to get this issue fixed on my system but I don't want to be the only person to have an issue addressed.  I assure you if push came to shove I would find another system. 

My concern is that this is not only a security issue as it relates to Malware and vulnerabilities but it is a customer service issue for anyone running this processor and chipset. If I can assist HP in coming up with a resolution I will be more than happy to assist.  

But my goal is to help all users not just myself.

HP Recommended

what about me am haveing this same issue with same cpu

HP Recommended

Found the following driver update on AMD's website @ http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/apu?os=Windows+10+-+64

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.3 Highlights

• ​Support for Windows®10 Creators Update.

I think I only need the minimal setup version, but downloaded both. Will give them a try.

HP Recommended

I may have already pulled that down and attempted it.

I pulled a couple of drivers down from AMD but I will give it a shot as it may be different.  Than the drivers I found. If it works I will let everyone know.

HP Recommended

No luck!

The result was the same

Capture.JPG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.