Post new question
Question
Reply
 
Tutor
Posts: 12
Member Since: ‎04-15-2017
Message 1 of 62 (876 Views)

HP AMD Carrizo A10-8700P

Product Name: Pavilion G17-133Cl
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So here is the issue I am facing and I am hoping that someone at HP gets this or sees this and actually has some desire to do something about it. As a former employee of HP I buy HP products because I believe in the product but as of today I am wishing I did not purchase this product. 

 

I have attempted to upgrade to the creators update several times. I have used the media creation tool, the upgrade assistant, launch the tool as an admin, and everytime I get a blue screen on reboot or finally with the media creation tool the warning that the creator update is not compatible with my processor (HP AMD Carrizo A10-8700P). 

 

Capture.JPG

 

I have had this system less than a year and now it cannot be upgraded due to a processor issue. According to Microsoft it is AMD's issue and they need to update it. According to AMD it is HP's issue and according to HP it is Microsoft's issue. So while everyone points their finger I have a system that cannot be upgraded.

 

Meanwhile I have an HP DV6 that upgraded just fine no issues what so ever.  It has been upgraded from a windows 7 system to now windows 10 but it works fine and yet my 10 month old system cannot be upgraded.

Reply
0
Regents Professor
Posts: 4,196
Member Since: ‎05-06-2013
Message 2 of 62 (851 Views)

Re: HP AMD Carrizo A10-8700P

[ Edited ]

Schrammbo wrote:

I have had this system less than a year and now it cannot be upgraded due to a processor issue.

(...)

I have a system that cannot be upgraded.


Hello,

 

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting. 

 

I recommend you ensure all drivers are updated using the Device Manager method or with HP Support Assistant (skip BIOS updated if offered by HPSA):

>> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467905

 

>> http://www.howtogeek.com/98465/htg-explains-when-do-you-need-to-update-your-drivers/

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03330139

 

If the issue persists, I recommend you temporary defer/delay the CU from being installed and enjoy your PC with the Windows 10 AU now - just like you did in the past months. Here is how:

>> http://www.windowscentral.com/how-delay-windows-10-creators-update-your-pc-and-why

>> https://betanews.com/2017/04/07/dont-rush-to-install-windows-10-creators-update/

 

You may try after 2-3 months or check here for more info. It's not without purpose that Microsoft delays feature upgrades to business customers for at least 4 months.

 

 

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

 

My personal opinion:

When you purchased this PC  few months ago I supposed you picked this model because of its hardware, not because it having Windows 10. At least I hope so, because if it was only due to the OS, you could have picked up pretty much anything and ran Windows 10 on a virtual machine (VM) such as VirtualBox, VMWare....

 

When you purchased the computers moths ago, it worked fine and it is not HP's fault that Microsoft decided to release an update because months ago there was not much known about the CU. I am sure you never had a declaration or promise that the PC will be upgraded successfully to any OS in the world, any update Microsoft releases. With Win 10, you never know what the MotherShip will push you from the Redmond Cloud and when. Additionally, it is not HP that writes the code for all the drivers.

 

 

 

 

* You can click below on the Thumb Up+ button for (+1) kudo if you want to say thanks.
*
If my comment helped you, please, accept this post as a solution
 
 Smiley Wink
----------------   Best wishes,   IT_WinSec  ----------------
I do not work for HP Inc.  I express personal opinion only.
I work as consumer support technician, cyber security engineer, network support specialist
Tutor
Posts: 12
Member Since: ‎04-15-2017
Message 3 of 62 (821 Views)

Re: HP AMD Carrizo A10-8700P

While I do agree with this assessment and thought process to a point I disagree with it from a security stand point. Since vulnerabilities and future updates will be based on the premise that your system has been upgraded and/or malware will look for systems not ruining the cumulative updates applied in the most recent update pushing an update that HP/ AMD/Microsoft clearly did not properly QA to market (I am not the first person running this processor to have this issue) is simply not acceptable.

I am not sure how many systems this processor is installed on but as of right now saying enjoy it with AU is like saying you bought it for the hardware enjoy it with Windows XP
Top Student
Posts: 9
Member Since: ‎04-17-2017
Message 4 of 62 (751 Views)

Re: HP AMD Carrizo A10-8700P

I have made sure I have the most updated software same issue.  I have too got the finger pointing and am sick of it

 

find a fix or I will never buy another hp product and neather will the state goverment where I work

Top Student
Posts: 9
Member Since: ‎04-17-2017
Message 5 of 62 (724 Views)

Re: HP AMD Carrizo A10-8700P

[ Edited ]

This is what I got from hp via email I am looking in suing because they are responable for their product and I have personal and private infomation on my pc so no I am not sending them back my pc

 

Hello Tia,

 

I just wanted to reach out to you once again via email in regards to your concern with the Creator’s update situation.  This particular issue is currently outside of HP Inc. scope however, we were trying to see what else can be done to resolve it. Upon all the possible investigation done from my end there is no additional step that I can make on your computer to resolve this issue. Since we are unable to resolve for you regarding the Creator's update, we want to buyback your unit since you indicate this situation is affecting you greatly.  In our system, your product has a list price of $290.00 so we can provide a check  for that amount. We can send you shipping labels so that you can return the computer back to HP Inc. and then we will send out the check. If the amount does not match what you paid, we will need your assistance to see if it is at all possible you can fax or email us your POP to revise the amount offered.

 

 

 

Thank you,

 

George

 

[Personal Information Removed]

 

Our advice is strictly limited to the question(s) asked and is based on the information provided to us. Please review the HP Support Disclaimer in your own language / 免責事項: http://www.hp.com/support/emaildisclaimers

 

 

Tutor
Posts: 13
Member Since: ‎07-06-2016
Message 6 of 62 (662 Views)

Re: HP AMD Carrizo A10-8700P

hi am having same issue with my amd a10-8700p what to do bro help me

Tutor
Posts: 12
Member Since: ‎04-15-2017
Message 7 of 62 (653 Views)

Re: HP AMD Carrizo A10-8700P

[ Edited ]

BLINDPRINCESS wrote:

This is what I got from hp via email I am looking in suing because they are responable for their product and I have personal and private infomation on my pc so no I am not sending them back my pc

 

Hello Tia,

 

I just wanted to reach out to you once again via email in regards to your concern with the Creator’s update situation.  This particular issue is currently outside of HP Inc. scope however, we were trying to see what else can be done to resolve it. Upon all the possible investigation done from my end there is no additional step that I can make on your computer to resolve this issue. Since we are unable to resolve for you regarding the Creator's update, we want to buyback your unit since you indicate this situation is affecting you greatly.  In our system, your product has a list price of $290.00 so we can provide a check  for that amount. We can send you shipping labels so that you can return the computer back to HP Inc. and then we will send out the check. If the amount does not match what you paid, we will need your assistance to see if it is at all possible you can fax or email us your POP to revise the amount offered.

 

 

 

Thank you,

 

George

 

Case Manager HP Inc. AMS TCO Escalations Team Tel: 1-877-917-4380 Site Code 24, Extension 33163 ref:_00DG0h8qk._50027rASly:ref

 

Our advice is strictly limited to the question(s) asked and is based on the information provided to us. Please review the HP Support Disclaimer in your own language / 免責事項: http://www.hp.com/support/emaildisclaimers

 

 



While this is a good offer for you it does not offer a solution to the problem for everyone who is experiencing the problem. Nor do I think HP is going to pony up and recall all the notebooks for everyone who is having this issue. 

 

Just a hunch.  

 

Assuming your notebook was not worth more than $290 it may be worth it to take it.  Mine was a bit more than that so if they offered me $290 for a system that is less than a year old I would be a bit upset.  I know technology depreciates quickly but I still paid hard earned American Greenbacks.

 

What I would rather have is a motherboard swapout with a comparable Intel CPU if they are so willing to buy back systems.

Tutor
Posts: 12
Member Since: ‎04-15-2017
Message 8 of 62 (648 Views)

Re: HP AMD Carrizo A10-8700P


RAJAT6 wrote:

hi am having same issue with my amd a10-8700p what to do bro help me


I with I had the answer to this issue...unfortunately at this time I do not.

 

BlindPrincess appears to have found a solution, assuming replacement is an option you are considering, if you want to keep your system or want a solution that helps the masses then I am not your superman even though I wish I was able to do that for everyone.

Top Student
Posts: 9
Member Since: ‎04-17-2017
Message 9 of 62 (638 Views)

Re: HP AMD Carrizo A10-8700P

it is not an option my laptop is a govement bought l can not send it back to them .  I could go to jail because it has files I can not let them get... they need to come up with a fix and not pass the buck off.  I have talked to my boss and he refuses to allow me to take their offer.  I will never buy another hp product again and neather will any one else ins Kentucky state gov

Top Student
Posts: 9
Member Since: ‎04-17-2017
Message 10 of 62 (635 Views)

Re: HP AMD Carrizo A10-8700P

That might help for you but I can not physcal swap out a motherboard and best buy says there is no way in this style of laptop to do it without replacing everything

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation