Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

It took me forever, but I found a solution to my problem with the HP Advisor has stopped working issue. Try this:

Go to:  Start -> Computer -> C: -> users -> [directory with your acct name] 

In the window menu, go to: Tools -> Folder Options -> View

Select: Show hidden files, folders and drives

Deselect: Hide protected operating system files

Click OK to close the folder options window

Go to: AppData -> Local -> Hewlett-Packard

Locate the folder named HPAdvisor.exe_Url_.......

Rename the folder (I suggest simply adding a character to the beginning in case you want to recover the folder later)

Launch HP Advisor (typically under Start -> All Programs -> HP -> HP Advisor -> HP Advisor)

HP Advisor should now start up.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

I tried renaming HPadvisor folder under \User\MyName \AppsData\Hewlett Packard - then started HP Sdvisor and I still get the error and Advisor won't start - Does anyone have a real solution?

HP Recommended
I found the folder name issue by creating a new user account and discovering that HP Advisor would work there. As I began copying files/folders over from my old account I found that this particular folder caused the failure to occur. I then when back to my old account and renamed the folder and that did the trick. One other note: before all of this I did upgrade to the latest version of HP Advisor from HP's support site. Try creating a new user account and see what happens. If it works there then it is simply a matter of isolating the difference between the new and old account's files/folders. Good luck!
HP Recommended

Me too.  I have an HP Pavillion Media Center 7760 and I get the same message, mainly after auto overnight virus scan & reboot.  What can I do?

HP Recommended

I have tried everything you suggested but my HP advisor is still not working!! I'm getting frustrated cause this isn't the only problem I am having!! I am also getting error msg saying that the GfxUI is not working. Now I can't get any of the games in iWin.com to download!! Is this all related to the other?? Please HELP!!

Thank you...Lolong66

HP Recommended

Good job, Cyclops! 

HP Recommended

These are 2010 communications, but I (really my father) is having the same issue NOW (2014) on his Windows 7 Home computer.  Do not have disk.  Windows 7 came with the computer.  Also, since last critical update, cannot access internet.  Have to do system restore and go back before critical updates but then they try to load again within 24 hours and the same problem occurs.  PLEASE HELP!!!!

HP Recommended

Im using Windows 10 and im not able to use the HP client, as it says HP advisor has stopped working, when i click on the Quality Center link on this page. Please someone help to resolve the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.