Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 4730s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using windows 10 with HP CLient Security Manager since August. Due to some issues I kept having with the 10240 build of windows I have now installed the upcoming release of Windows 10 build 10586, which seems to have cured all my small hickups.

The only issue I have now is HP CLient Security Manager will not install. I have tried most versions up to 8.3.16.2035

I get an error on Powershell near the end of installation

"Verb Pin to taskbar not found.
At C:\Users\Mikem\AppData\Local\Temp\{481CCD48-45A4-4630-B505-4B5ACDF0177D}\shortcutpinning.ps1:48 char:3
+         throw "Verb $verb not found."
+         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (Verb Pin to taskbar not found.:String) [], RuntimeException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Verb Pin to taskbar not found."

followed by the error

Message.jpg

Pressing ok reverses the installation .

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I did an Workaround with that everything runs fine. I used Client Security Manager 8.3.16.2035 Rev.A and Windows 10 Build 10586. Should work with other Versions, too.

The issue is because of the missing Verbs in Powershell used in the script. The script causing the issue is just to add the Program Symbols to the Start Menu and Taskbar (what I think can be done manualy if needed).

Just start the installation of the Client Security Manager, do not click the second next/continue button (from the Messagebox shown in your post), just let the files extract. Then goto the temporary directory: C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\{481CCD48-45A4-4630-B505-4B5ACDF0177D}, empty the file "ShortcutPinning.ps1" (I removed all lines except the comments in the beginning) and save. Then finish the installation, reboot and everything worked for me :Surprise:

Hope HP will release an updated Version soon.

Regards

Sorry for my english. Is not my native language :Wink:

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

I also am having this problem with a new winodws 10 computer.  I had the client security manager runniung fine and windows wanted to do a windows 10 update.  It said in teh update that the client security manager was not compatible with th eupdate and uninstalled it.  When I went to install after the update, I got the same errors noted above.  I get the error when trying to install both the sp72998 and sp71565 versions.

HP Recommended

I did an Workaround with that everything runs fine. I used Client Security Manager 8.3.16.2035 Rev.A and Windows 10 Build 10586. Should work with other Versions, too.

The issue is because of the missing Verbs in Powershell used in the script. The script causing the issue is just to add the Program Symbols to the Start Menu and Taskbar (what I think can be done manualy if needed).

Just start the installation of the Client Security Manager, do not click the second next/continue button (from the Messagebox shown in your post), just let the files extract. Then goto the temporary directory: C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\{481CCD48-45A4-4630-B505-4B5ACDF0177D}, empty the file "ShortcutPinning.ps1" (I removed all lines except the comments in the beginning) and save. Then finish the installation, reboot and everything worked for me :Surprise:

Hope HP will release an updated Version soon.

Regards

Sorry for my english. Is not my native language :Wink:

HP Recommended

Most excellent solution, and your explanation couldnt be clearer. I amit I did look at the script when the error popped up but didnt occur to me to remove the lines after the comments before the script ran.

Many thanks for taking the time to log in and share your solution.

HP Recommended

I was having the same issue and your solution worked perfectly 😉

Hope HP will release a patch or a new version shortly. That's the inconvenience with Windows 10, every big update may cause software to stop functionning.

Thanks !

HP Recommended

yes

yes

yes

fantastic, genius man :Wink:

finally, resolved well 🙂

thanks very much

HP Recommended

This worked perfectly for me,

THANK YOU!!!!!

HP Recommended

Solution (relogin) worked for me. Thanks!!

HP Recommended

Sorry but I have another error while installing, if you can help me. 😞

Thanks again

2015-11-18_22-24-51.png

HP Recommended

This is not the initial topic of the post and I did not run into the same issue.

But sounds like a problem with the Windows Installer, not from the HP Client Security Manager. You should found solutions if you search for the Error Code 2932 displayed. For example deleting the speicific directory shown in your picture is one solution I found (but without guarantee 😉 

Hope you get this solved.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.