Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

THANKS SECOND LINK FOR WIN10

HP Recommended

I just uninstalled CSM, upgraded to Windows 10 1511, 10586, and got an error attempting to reinstall CSM 8.3.16......

found this workaround: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Client-Security-Manager-Error...

HP Recommended

New version posted

TITLE: HP Client Security Manager  

VERSION: 8.3.17.2042 REV: A PASS: 1

SoftPaq sp74101

ENHANCEMENTS:
- Provides an improved user interface.

FIXES:
- Fixes an issue on a system that has been updated to Windows 10 where
subsequent updates cannot install properly.
- Fixes an issue on a system that has been updated to Windows 10 where
subsequent updates cannot uninstall properly.

Download Link:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74101.exe

Release notes:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74101.html

HP Recommended

Cant Download, ftp user name and password required,

HP Recommended

Switch to Internet Explorer if you're using Edge browser.  Edge doesn't fully support FTP I don't think.

IE, Chrome and FireFox do.

If you still can't download, the link below may work better:

ftp://anonymous:anonymous@ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74101.exe

If none of the above helps, you probably have a firewall/router intercepting FTP traffic in which case you'll need to download from another connection.

HP Recommended

Still Cant Download, but working with another conection,

now  im using hp Client Security 8.3.14.2018, how to uninstall Previous version, still error 1722 cant instals new ver.

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

anyone else having issues with 8.3.17.2042 Rev A Pass 1?  it is throwing errors and not detecting fingerprint reader on Windows 10 1511 

Uninstall/reinstall worked for one machine but not another.

HP Recommended

I had installed HP-CSM (SP65637) on my Elitebook 8570p with the original release of Win10.  It was the only option available for the 8570p as a Win8.1 download.   During the upgrade to the latest build of Win10 it was reported as incompatible and had to be removed.   When I removed it, I saved my data.   But the same package would not install after the Win10 update.  It would get part way through and then rollback.

Reading elsewhere here, another poster had success with using a version of CSM for the HP 450 G2 (SP71565  version 8.3.12.1991).    I went looking for that version for the 450 G2 and found a Win10 version (SP74101 8.3.17.2042 Rev.A
3 Dec 2015) and installed that one.   It works on my 8570p and used the saved fingerprint data. Smiley Happy 

Since posting links here seems to be problematic, just search for downloads for HP 450 G2.  Evidently it's newer and they're supporting it longer than the 8570p. 

HP Recommended

Well that was helpful (NOT)!!

The OP has w7 64 bit abd you give him a link to 8.1.

About as useless as me just calling HP and after being on hold  for a half hour and being told he was checking, he hung up.

Great customer service.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.