Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

This issue occurs if the Digital Persona Service stops working.

to fix this error do the following

If your Hard Drive is encrypted, make sure to backup your important data before performing the above steps.

1. Open the RUN command( Windows button+R).
  2. Type "Services.msc" without the quotes.
  3. Look for the service that starts with the keyword "Digital Persona".
  4. Double click the same and Start the service.
  • Log OFF and Log ON into your windows account so that the service can take effect.
  • You will now be able to login to HP Client security Manager.

1. Click on the settings Gear wheel on the top right side of the page.

a.jpg
2. Select Security Features
b.jpg
3. Disable Windows Logon Security
4. Click on Apply

In some cases the Digital persona service may stop again on restart but you will not have any delay while logging in.

In such an event, you will need to start the service again using the above steps.

To permanently fix the service issue you will have to Reinstall HP Client security Manager compeltely (you will have to remove the addon's like device access manager  and Drive encryption before this)

If your Hard Drive is encrypted, make sure to backup your important data before performing the above steps.

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Have been trying to remove the HP Client Security manager, as well. Before the computer will allow me to uninstall it, I have to delete the Drive Encryption. I can't delete the Drive Encryption without disabling it in the manager. When I go to login to the manager, I get the same window 'DAFPApi not initialized' and attempt to login with the same password I've always had, and currently use to logon to the computer. However, I ALSO get the whole "Value does not fall within the expected range".

**bleep**???

Thanks.

HP Recommended

thanks

but there is also a problem

I want to uninstall HP Client Security Manager. So I have to delete the Drive Encryption

I can't do it  without disabling it .

How can I disable the Drive Encryption?

In the drive security it is writen "decrypting"

screen.png

HP Recommended

Hello all!

I have been sucking with this application too. The same problem with password. It was not correct even if I tried to reinstall all the NASA servers and I dont know what else...

So the solution for me was that I uninstalled the program (I know it will not allow you when you do not uninstall first applications - the joke is that Drive Encryption app can be uninstalled only when you first disable it in HP Client Security - but how when password is not correct even if it really is!!!???).

So  go to controll panel -> uninstall programs -> click in the list the HP Client Security -> and when it will ask you to remove or repair select repair. It will drop some errors but never mind.

After repairing it will restart the PC.

After starting the PC I was able to enter into the application HP Client security wiht the correct password (it was correct all the time by the way  - ehehe )

And at start was also not slow me down with accessing my desktop

Hope this will help to somebody

HP Recommended

@Daark1500 wrote:

So  go to controll panel -> uninstall programs -> click in the list the HP Client Security -> and when it will ask you to remove or repair select repair. It will drop some errors but never mind.

After repairing it will restart the PC.

After starting the PC I was able to enter into the application HP Client security wiht the correct password

Yes! This worked for me. Patience is still needed because it will take some time to decrypt the disk, how much time would most certainly depend on how much data you have used on your hard drive.

Thanks Daark1500! Windows 10 here I come! 😛  

HP Recommended

Dears,

I used elitebook 840, with Win OS, met same troulbe (only can enter with password, has 2mins delay to wait)

based on Daark's notes i just repair "HP Client Security" and allowed it restart pc.

then i can unlock the pc with my finger.

thanks all of you and hope my experine help more.

Sam

HP Recommended

I want to thank all of those that took time to post a solution. I also did the following and it worked!

- uninstall HP Client Security Manager

- reboot

- remove all traces of HP Client Security Manager and HP Protecect Tools manually from the Windows registry

- reboot

- enter BIOS, change BIOS admin password, reset security settings to factory default

- decline resetting the TPM module settings at the boot prompt

- accept resetting the finger print sensor at the next boot prompt

- reinstall HP Client Security Manager

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.