Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@lions99 wrote:

OK, knowing you upgraded to windows 8. Connection manager doesn't come with Win8. 

Windows 8 has a built in connection manager in the charms bar you can use. When you installed Win8 you should have got an error message asking to repair the application.

I should have told you that earlier, I was confused with the entire issue and you only had 1 simple question. Sorry ! 

THX

What? I don't see it in the charms bar. Where is it?

HP Recommended

This will show you everything about Windows 8.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03325557

THX

HP Recommended

@lions99 wrote:

This will show you everything about Windows 8.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03325557

THX

What? You expect me to read something! 😉

Thanks! *Kudos* for you! I'll go through it but don't be surprised if I come back with more questions. 🙂

HP Recommended

That's fine. Thanks for the KUDOS.

This might help you out or sum up that entire document.

Windows_8_Charms_Bar_Windows_XP_Vista_7.png

The Black Bar on the right is the charms bar.

There you go 🙂

HP Recommended

Maybe I'm dense, but where do I find this fix? My computer,Envy 6 sleekbook, keeps sending me an error message ever since I switched to Windows 8.

HP Recommended

Hi sewright2013:

Thank you for your inquiry. I am pleased to help you!

If you read the first post on page 2, you will note, that lions99 informed you, it does not work with Windows 8, as it has its on built in. Here is a document on "Learning How to Use Windows 8 Features and Apps"   click here. You can remove  or uninstall the HP connection manager. You can run the" HP Support Assistant" to aid in updates and resolving issues. click here.  I hope this helps.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

hie

is the a way to retrieve sms on the sim card with the windows connection manager

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.