Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv6 6182nr Notebook PC

Windows 7 64-bit

I allowed HP Support Assistant to install some updates and it removed Coolsense from the computer.  I then tried to reinstall coolsense and was given the error message in the pic below.  Any assistance would be well appreciated.

original.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey OhYouCoward,

Try the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click on the entry HP Software Framework and select Uninstall.  When this has completed, also check if there is an entry for HP CoolSense and if there is, uninstall this as well.

When done, restart the notebook.

Tap away at f10 as soon as you start the notebook to enter the Bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

When windows has fully reloaded, download and install the latest version of HP Software Framework on the following link.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-91931-1

When the installation has completed, restart the notebook again.

Next, download and install the CoolSense application on the link below.

HP CoolSense v2.0

When this installation has completed, check if CoolSense now works correctly.

THX

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hey OhYouCoward,

Try the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click on the entry HP Software Framework and select Uninstall.  When this has completed, also check if there is an entry for HP CoolSense and if there is, uninstall this as well.

When done, restart the notebook.

Tap away at f10 as soon as you start the notebook to enter the Bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

When windows has fully reloaded, download and install the latest version of HP Software Framework on the following link.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-91931-1

When the installation has completed, restart the notebook again.

Next, download and install the CoolSense application on the link below.

HP CoolSense v2.0

When this installation has completed, check if CoolSense now works correctly.

THX

HP Recommended

Sorry to revive a dead topic, but it seems to be happening again. Everything was running smoothly for a while and then HP Support Assistant wanted to update itself. Now with the latest version Support Assistant doesn't at all work and Coolsense is once again missing.

Could I possibly just use the older versions of the software? If so, is it possible to download them from the HP website?  The latest versions seem to be an absolute mess for me.

HP Recommended

You can either do a restore which brings it back to the state it was in before it gave you this issue. 

OR

Do the exact steps we did before and don't update the software until a fix comes out ( if there is one).

THX

HP Recommended

Did everything like showed, still can't find coolsense. HP DV7, Win 7-64  bit.

HP Recommended
Could you please give me the product number for your computer?

If you need help finding it, you can use the following link:

Thanks,
Kyle
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I'm also sorry for bringing back this thread but I have a dv6, product number QE023UA#ABA, that is having the same issue. This is my little sister's notebook so I cant really tell when this problem first started but I noticed it today while running a game. The computer began running extremely hot and then turned off. After turning it on again, I tried to run coolsense but then it came up with an error message saying coolsense wasnt found. I tried to reinstall it and came up with the error message about the installer, so I followed the steps on this thread and still recieve the same error.

I ran the HP Update to see if the computer was up to date, and it seems to be so, it just wont install coolsense. Further, the vents are clean so it doesnt seem to be dust. The fan is just not running on high when the temperature runs >150F.

Thanks for your time,

ZSensei

EDIT: Im running WIndows 7 Home Premium x64, with 6GB and an i7-2670. Still have warrenty on it too.

HP Recommended

Hey ZSensei, 

I'm sorry you're running into this issue with Coolsense. 

Try downloading:

HP Software Framework version 4.1.13.1

BIOS version F.1B

then

Coolsense version 2.0

Let me know the results when you get a chance 🙂

HP Recommended

Product Number: WW179AV

Product Name: HP Pavilion dv7t-4100 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC

BIOS Configuration: F.29

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

I received an update for HP Support Assistant on 15th May 2013, which got rid of HP Coolsense. I tried all of these methods:
Method 1. Remove HPSA, Install the latest HPSA, HPSF, and various versions of CoolSense 2.0 and 2.1

Method 2: Roll-back the updates from 15th May 2013

Method 3: Update BIOS, and repeat Method 1

Method 4: Using HP Recovery Manager

I even tried various tricks like enabling "Automatic Start" for the HPSA and HPSF Services, and using Mcrosoft FixIt and so on.
I repeated everything with/without using the Administrator Account, and also contacted an HP Support Staff on chat. 
HP CoolSense is still not getting installed. I'm getting this weird message that says:

"There is a problem with windows installer package. A program run as a part of the setup did not finish as expected. contact your personnal support or package vendor"

The Support Staff fellow is giving lame suggestions, asking me to "keep trying and that it will work". Also, since I'm outside the US now, they're unwilling to provide "quality" support without me paying.

I need CoolSense on this machine. I can't even play decent videos without the thing heating up and lagging! All these versions of CoolSense - right from 1.0 to 2.1 - show this same error.

My laptop gets heated to about 165°F (74°C) when it is IDLE, and runs at 189°F (87°C) when I use software (like ANSYS Comsol, SolidWorks or Fluent). When I run simulations on Fluent, the temperature hits 194°F (90°C) and the laptop shuts down.

I'm not able to get ANY work done. I've used this laptop very efficiently for the past 1.5 years, and it's worked perfectly until this update came along and screwed it up.

I ran a Google Search, and I'm surprised that this issue is not solved YET, even with so many hundreds of HP Customers facing this problem.

Now, for HEAVEN'S SAKE, PLEASE HELP ME GET THIS THING SOLVED!!! I have a conference coming up in 2 week's time, and I'm relying on my laptop to get my things done.

Edit: Added Complete Product Name and Product Number

HP Recommended

By quite the coincidence I too am currently abroad and unable to use my warrenty to resolve this issue. I followed the above instructions again, and when I went to install the Framework package, it said I had a newer version already installed so I unistalled the newer version and installed the one given in the description. I also reflashed my BIOS, although it was up to date, and then tried to reinstall to the same error as before.

I would sincerely appreciate it if HP created a custom .exe file that people experiencing this problem could run that gets around this error. I am unable to do ANYTHING that requires heavy load, as the person posting above me also writes.

Please help with this,

Thanks again for your time,

ZSensei

EDIT: As the poster above, I too have tried all 3 version to the same effect.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.