06-24-2013 04:09 AM
Hello, I have the exact same problem, I have tried everything that was written and explained. Nothing worked. My Notebook is HP Pavilion dv7 with Product Number: QF387EA#ABD.
06-24-2013 02:23 PM - edited 06-24-2013 02:25 PM
Same problem here - dv6 LM332AV Win7..any solutions yet?
And btw why is the threat marked as "'solved"' if its actually not solved as people posted that suggestions do not help.
06-24-2013 06:24 PM
So this isn't my solution and I will post the original post ASAP but I cant find it atm and the internet here is on and off so its hard to browse for a long time.
1. UNISTALL HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT (you can do this from the programs and features menu)
2. Open HP Recovery Manager
3. Under the heading "I need immediate help" click on the option "Drivers and Applications Reinstall"
4. Scroll down and reinstal HP Support Assistant
Once it reinstalls, coolsense will work again. I dont know what version it is and frankly Im not going to try updating until I'm back in the US and can have warrenty support come over and fix it if something happens. That said, please let me know if you get the update running and how you did. I shall add an edit for the original post so we can all kudos that dude and keep the thread alive for other who have this problem since it seems to be kinda big.
06-25-2013 03:56 AM - edited 06-25-2013 03:56 AM
Yeeah, its working again. Just followed your instructions and had no problem to get it back to work Thaanks!
Btw, why dont you have worldwide warranty? I bought my Pavilion in the US, moved back to Germany and I have send it in several times in Germany already
06-26-2013 11:14 PM
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)