12-28-2011 03:01 PM
Own HP DV9000 Pavillion notebook. Original hard disk is dead. Install new HD and now trying to reinstall Vista using recovery disks that were created just before HD died. When trying to boot using the DVD goes for a few minutes and they says "Operating System Not Installed" (clever). After that nothing happens. I thought the recovery disk was supposed to reinstall the OS Vista to its original state. What am I missing ??
09-09-2013 07:41 PM - edited 09-09-2013 07:43 PM
If you didn't burn a Recovery Disk set you need one to boot from.HP doesn't usually have them for older Vista machines but places like www.computersurgeons.com carries a large selection. You will need the 'Full' model number from the Service Tag attached to bottom of laptop to find the correct set.
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
09-10-2013 07:15 AM
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)