08-26-2010 05:06 AM
I have an HP Envy 14. The function keys f1-f12 have been set up so that the you have to use a fn keyboard combination to make the keys work as normal function keys.
What I would like is the reverse: normal keypress is normal function f5=refresh etc. And fn+f1-f12 = special function, increase brightness etc
Is there a way to do this?
08-26-2010 05:18 AM - last edited on 04-18-2016 11:52 AM by OscarFuentes
You Can disable that functionality by disabling "Action Keys Mode" in the BIOS...
Here is the document, that will help you with it... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)