Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Here are more pics that indicate that it is looking the driver

but its the wrong one, thats the one you suggested...

HELP.

IMG_4570.JPGIMG_4571.JPG

HP Recommended

Your "System Configuration" > "Boot Options" shot shows "Legacy Support" DISABLED and "Secure Boot" ENABLED... this must be changed to install Windows 7.

You must boot using the UEFI-Internal CD/DVD or UEFI-USB Key/Drive to install on a GPT partitioned disk.

The most likely reason you are seeing the "Load Driver - a required CD/DVD drive device is missing" is because "System Configuration" > "USB3.0 Config in Pre-Boot" is set to "Enabled". This must be set to "Auto". This should clear up the CD/DVD device missing.

After the CD/DVD device missing problem is resolved, you should be able to load the Intel "floppy F6 drivers" from a USB stick. Make sure to extract the drivers and place them on a seperate USB stick.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Ok, i will give your suggestions a try... and let you know how it turns out. one question though , why cant i boot with the newly made USB Win7 EUFI boot stick that i made using Rufus? not that it matters since im using the Win 7 DVD ...

just wondering...

HP Recommended

Adding pictures for clarification

The most likely reason you are seeing the "Load Driver - a required CD/DVD drive device is missing" is because "System Configuration" > "USB3.0 Config in Pre-Boot" is set to "Enabled". This must be set to "Auto". This should clear up the CD/DVD device missing.

USB3 setting.jpg

Your "System Configuration" > "Boot Options" shot shows "Legacy Support" DISABLED and "Secure Boot" ENABLED... this must be changed to install Windows 7.

Sec Boot Legacy Sup.jpg

After saving the changes, the computer will request that you confirm the changes... Accept the changes by typing the four digit code and pressing the "ENTER" key.

Confirm Change.jpg

You must boot using the UEFI-Internal CD/DVD or UEFI-USB Key/Drive to install Windows on a GPT partitioned disk. Turn on or reboot the computer and tap "F9" or "ESC" and then "F9" when prompted. Highlight the UEFI boot source you are using and press "ENTER".

F9 Boot Menu.jpg

Windows 7 should begin the install process. You should now be able to load the Intel "floppy F6 drivers" from a USB stick. Make sure to extract the drivers and place them on a seperate USB stick.

Load Driver F6.jpg

Frank

***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP Recommended
Wow thats way better step by step...:-)
HP Recommended

Sorry that I couldn't provide a better step-by-step with pictures before today. I have been away from home working since early this week. I put in 25 hours over the last day and a half, and just got back home.

I just tested all of this on my computer and took the screen shots. Hopefully, this does it for you.

Frank

HP Recommended

Here is what i got yesturday,, am i getting closer?latest info.JPGInfo2.JPGInfo 3.JPG

HP Recommended

Do a fresh download of the Intel "f6flpy-x64.zip" file from Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver and extract it to a new folder. Name the folder "Intel RST F6" and place it on a clean USB Flash Drive. Download all of the Windows 7 drivers from the HP ENVY TouchSmart 17t-j100 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC Drivers page and place them on the same USB Flash Drive.

From square one;

1)  Turn on the computer and immediately start tapping the "ESC" key.

2)  When the MENU comes up, press the "F10" key.

3)  Navigate the BIOS to "System Configuration", "USB 3.0 Config in Pre-OS" and set to "Auto".

4)  Navigate the BIOS to  "System Configuration", "Boot Options" and set "Secure Boot" to "Disabled" and set "Legacy Support" to "Enabled".

5)  Press "F10" and click "YES" to "Exit Saving Changes"

6)  Computer should restart and display "Operating System Boot Mode Change"... type the four digit code and press "ENTER".

7)  Let Windows 8 boot-up and place the Windows 7 SP1media in the DVD drive or USB port, then log-off / shutdown.

😎  Turn on the computer and immediately start tapping the "ESC" key.

9)  When the MENU comes up, press the "F9" key and then select the correct UEFI boot source (Internal CD/DVD drive, USB CD/DVD drive, USB Flash drive, etc.)... Press any key to boot CD/DVD, if prompted.

10)  Select "Language", "Time / Currency", and "Keyboard" settings and then click "Next"

11)  Click "Install Now"... check "Accept Terms" and click "Next". Click "Custom (Advanced)". 

12)  Insert USB Flash Drive with divers and click "Load Driver". Click "Browse". Select "Intel RST F6" folder on USB Flash Drive and click "OK"... Leave "Hide drivers that aren't compatible..." checked. Should list one driver... "Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA Raid Controller (iaStorAC.inf)" or "Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller (iaAHCIC.inf)" and click "Next".

13)  "Where do you want to install Windows 7???" Select "Disk / Partition" with "Unallocated Space" you created earlier and click "Next".

14)  Follow all prompts and answer as needed. Enter Windows 7 key when requested.

15)  Install the drivers that were previously downloaded.

Frank

HP Recommended

ok, downloading all the files as we speak...

then i will run step by step , all the instructions you gave me , and will report back once im inside Win7 without all the drivers installed yet. it is possible that i may not see both boot menues after the win7 install. will talk about that once we are there..

thank you...

MItch

HP Recommended

Well i gave it my best shot , followed your instructions to the letter and i cannot get past step 12.

Click "Browse". Select "Intel RST F6" folder on USB Flash Drive and click "OK"... Leave "Hide drivers that aren't compatible..." checked. Should list one driver... "Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA Raid Controller (iaStorAC.inf)" or "Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller (iaAHCIC.inf)" and click "Next".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the problem----there is no USB in the list of devises from which to select the iaAHCIC.inf !!!

SO... i loaded it inside WIn8     C:/INTEL RTF F6/

now i can see the folder and the driver BUT.. its the wrong one. please choose a signed (64) driver...

FAIL...

i give up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.