Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy

So my laptop was running slow and extremely laggy and basically overall annoying. I ran a factory reset on it and all was well, it took time to clear and time to prepare everything (all while plugged up and charging) then after a while, it stopped ehat it was doing, turned to a black screen with the dots spinny wheel logo thing and it never returned after that. After hours of waiting, I got pissed and turned it off using the power button on the laptop. I turned it back on, it booted up with the HP logo, spinny wheel, then it returned to that same page.
I let the battery run until it died last night and turned it on this morning (while plugged up) and it had an "installing windows", screen and now its back to that stupid black screen.

What am I supposed to do???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bubbzei

I would like to take a moment to thank you for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to help. I understand that you have an HP Envy laptop and it does not boot to Windows. You see a black screen I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

Not to worry though as I have a few recommendations. I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps to isolate and fix the issue:

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the laptop continues to display a blank screen then please run the hardware diagnostics on the hard drive and memory of your laptop by referring to this link: http://hp.care/2bOrqZQ. Let me know the hardware test results and exact laptop model no. (http://hp.care/2bygf7l).

If the laptop does not display the hardware diagnostic screen and the screen is still blank then please perform a crisis BIOS recovery:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Connect the notebook to a power source using the power adapter.

3. Press and hold the Windows key () and the B key at the same time while the computer is off.
  4. While still pressing the Windows key and the B key, hold down the Power button on the notebook for one second, and then release the Power button and the keys.

The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds. You might hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Bubbzei

I would like to take a moment to thank you for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to help. I understand that you have an HP Envy laptop and it does not boot to Windows. You see a black screen I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

Not to worry though as I have a few recommendations. I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps to isolate and fix the issue:

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the laptop continues to display a blank screen then please run the hardware diagnostics on the hard drive and memory of your laptop by referring to this link: http://hp.care/2bOrqZQ. Let me know the hardware test results and exact laptop model no. (http://hp.care/2bygf7l).

If the laptop does not display the hardware diagnostic screen and the screen is still blank then please perform a crisis BIOS recovery:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Connect the notebook to a power source using the power adapter.

3. Press and hold the Windows key () and the B key at the same time while the computer is off.
  4. While still pressing the Windows key and the B key, hold down the Power button on the notebook for one second, and then release the Power button and the keys.

The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds. You might hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.