Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Touchsmart m6 Sleekboo
I turn on my laptop one day to find that it shows the hp logo, screen turns black, then it completely turns off, and turns on back again only to repeat the process. I have a video i uploaded to my YouTube channel if anyone is confused with my problem. Please help. My channel is StarliAA.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I took my laptop to a repair shop and the problem is the battery is defective.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Starli,

Thanks for contacting the HP Support Forums! 

I understand that you're unable to get past the HP Logo. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution' if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

In order for me to assist you better, I will require more information. 
What is the full name and product number of your printer? How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Windows: How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

In the meantime, please try ones of these guides: 

If you need further assistance, please let me know the following information above. I look forward to hearing from you.:)

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Uh, I'm pretty sure i have a laptop and not a printer.
HP Recommended

Hi @Starli,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Yes, I understand that you're working with a laptop (typo). Please click the link and I provide your product number of your PC.

Thank you. 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
The laptop is a HP Envy TS m6 Sleekbook. The product number is E0L06UAR#ABA
HP Recommended

Hi @Starli,

Thanks for the information.

Have you tried the documents I recommended?

Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
I took my laptop to a repair shop and the problem is the battery is defective.
HP Recommended

Hi Starli,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Have you replaced the battery? If not, I would run The Battery Test.

NOTE: The Battery Test checks your system to make sure the battery is functioning properly.

If your battery is under warranty contact HP Phone Support.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

Hope this answers your question. Thank you for posting!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.