03-14-2010 01:04 PM
I have a new HP laptop with Windows 7 and am running Avast 5 Antivirus Free instead of Norton
The Avast runs OK and Windows security detects it and says it is scanning OK.
The HP Advisor software on the laptop has a security shleld Icon and it reports that no Antivirus is installed.
Is the HP Advisor compatible with avast 5. ??
Has anyone else a similar problem
03-20-2010 11:41 AM
I have see this happen. And yes, it's due to an incompatibility between the two programs.
As long as the security center is showing all green lights, you're good to go.
Hope this helps.
11-26-2013 11:07 AM
Thank you for your request. I am unsure of what you require. Are you telling me you have many viruses in your computer? If that is the case you could run an Anti Virus program to assist with removal. If this is not the case, would you tell me what model computer you have? How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number click here. What operating system do you have.? Please explain exactly what is happening, or any errors you may have seen.
I work on behalf of HP
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)