04-27-2011 07:00 PM
I have a Mini 1000, and i am selling it and want to wipe the drive. I have the original OS CD for WinXP SP3 that came with the Mini. I have found some tips for how to make a bootable flash drive, and i can get as far as booting to it and begining the Windows setup, but when i go to delete the main partiton (C), it tells me this is not allowed, as setup files are loaded on this drive.
I would love to just wipe the whole thing, and get this puppy refreshed.
Oh, another issue is i do not have a WinXP machine... just Win7. So i cannot copy any files to the flash-drives like some methods call for (like this one from tech Republic: http://www.techrepublic.com/article/solutionbase-b
Any body have any ideas? BTW, I do not want to buy an external CD drive, just to use it once!
Thanks for any tips
04-27-2011 07:32 PM
This guide may help:
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)