Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Can you please help me out. I have my husbands records from the hospital I need to fax out to his job. I don't know what I made a mistake on for my screen to say the password check failed,
Fatal Error... System Halted.
CNU92487P0 Im not to sure if the last character is a number or letter?
PLEASE ASSISTANT.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.

Note:  If the option to run these tests is not available in the Bios Menu, use the f2 diagnostic menu instead.

Post back with the details of any error messages.

Can you also post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your Mini series notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Missyloca_96

If the last character is Zero, it will have a dot in the centre to distinguish it from the letter 'O'.

If the last character in your halt code is Zero,

Enter:       e9lo7vux21      ( In both cases, the 3rd character is a lower case L )

If the last character in your halt code is a upper case letter 'O',

Enter:      e9lo7vux2j

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
I entered the password and the screen changed to resuming windows and nothing has changed. On the bottom of the screen it says "For troubleshooting and advanced startup options for windows, press F8.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.

Note:  If the option to run these tests is not available in the Bios Menu, use the f2 diagnostic menu instead.

Post back with the details of any error messages.

Can you also post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your Mini series notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Is it suppose to take 51 minutes to run test for disk and memory?
After that's done what do I do next?
HP Recommended

Hi,

The test on the hard drive can usually take about an hour, but it may be longer depending on the size of the drive.

When the test has completed, let me know the result.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.