09-28-2011 06:14 PM
I have made several attempts to restore my notebook, but have been unsuccessful so far. My notebook has no problems starting up and logging on, but any window I open is blank, including system restore and search. This also happens while running in safe mode. My operating system is Windows XP and I can only find information for Vista and Windows 7. I'm currently in a financial situation that doesn't allow me to have it professionally looked at. I can only assume that restoring it to factory settings will allow my notebook to function properly. It's not necessary to back up any files as I always save them to a flash drive. If anyone has any information on how to fix this, I would appreciate the help. Thank you.
09-28-2011 06:30 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 02:31 PM by OscarFuentes
lets try this
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
09-28-2011 11:14 PM
It's telling me to use Roxio, which is apparently installed on my mini, but there is no way for me to access it. I only know it's there because I went to Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs and saw it on the list.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)