Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried downloading and installing the BIOS update.  Looks as though it downloads but the gears just keep turning instead of installing. Waited an hour for completion but did not work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Close HPSA, restart the notebook, then download the Bios Update from the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75141.exe

When the download has completed, close any other open windows and programs, then open your Downloads folder and double-tap the installer to start the process.  The actual flash will occur when the machine restarts - do not interrupt this in any way, even if nothing appears to be happening for a while - when it has completed, the machine will load into Windows as usual.

Note:  If the option to Update shows as being 'blocked on this device', you will need to Contact HP regarding this.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you're using HP Support Assistant to install the Bios update, click the i icon on the installer and post back with the SoftPaq No, ( this will be in the form spxxxxx ).

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
There was no "i" icon but located info on expansion of text...SP75141, version F.19Ap1, size 19.86MB
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Close HPSA, restart the notebook, then download the Bios Update from the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75141.exe

When the download has completed, close any other open windows and programs, then open your Downloads folder and double-tap the installer to start the process.  The actual flash will occur when the machine restarts - do not interrupt this in any way, even if nothing appears to be happening for a while - when it has completed, the machine will load into Windows as usual.

Note:  If the option to Update shows as being 'blocked on this device', you will need to Contact HP regarding this.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
This seems to have worked. Unlock screen no longer accepts my pin. Guess I'll figure it out at some point. Thank you for your help.
HP Recommended

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.