04-07-2012 08:48 AM
I have purchased 2 HP Pavilion G series from local vendor for using my work as RF engineer, then all the equipment need to have recommended OS which is Xp, i have tried more than 4 times to format my computer to xp but it fails and prompts me a death blue screen, i have tried to change some bios settings and that wont work.
so please can you tell how to format/ install windows XP to my HP pavilion g series, or is this laptop model is compatible with XP.
04-07-2012 09:07 AM - edited 04-07-2012 04:43 PM
Had you consider using a virtualized XP machine in a Windows 7 operating system?
Have you looked at the General Windows XP downgrade guide in the notebook section?
Your notebook, if new, has a SATA hard disk.
Windows XP does not natively support SATA, so in order to install Windows XP, the proper SATA driver must be installed via F6 during a normal Windows XP installation or by being slipstreamed inside a Windows XP installation image.
That likely to be why you are seeing blue screens.
If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)