04-07-2012 08:48 AM
I have purchased 2 HP Pavilion G series from local vendor for using my work as RF engineer, then all the equipment need to have recommended OS which is Xp, i have tried more than 4 times to format my computer to xp but it fails and prompts me a death blue screen, i have tried to change some bios settings and that wont work.
so please can you tell how to format/ install windows XP to my HP pavilion g series, or is this laptop model is compatible with XP.
04-07-2012 09:07 AM - edited 04-07-2012 04:43 PM
Had you consider using a virtualized XP machine in a Windows 7 operating system?
Have you looked at the General Windows XP downgrade guide in the notebook section?
Your notebook, if new, has a SATA hard disk.
Windows XP does not natively support SATA, so in order to install Windows XP, the proper SATA driver must be installed via F6 during a normal Windows XP installation or by being slipstreamed inside a Windows XP installation image.
That likely to be why you are seeing blue screens.
If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button
I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)