Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Yeah ..Seems like I ll have to hit that F11 for factory reset and end up this desperation.

Pretty disappointed though that HP don't provide drivers oswin7 for gaming laptops.

Reason why I did downgrade was basically because of my GPUs issues. For example : When I used external monitor and did all proper settings I couldn't fullscreen videos at all - was trying to figure it out for 2 weeks .. Couldn't find the solution .Only ppl were saying it's win 10 bug .
Another thing was weird screen stutter in games even though my fps was high.
Not mentioning I had to adjust a lot of another things in win 10 to get good performance..Really feel like win 10 is glitching somehow between Intel integrated GPU and Nvidia.

Is there a way for example to disable integrated GPU? When I tried it said I can't

Anyways thank u so much for your afford 🙂 Appreciate it 🙂
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, you can't disable the onboard Intel graphics because these new notebooks that have switchable graphics use dynamic graphics which means the PC automatically decides which GPU to use.

However, I was under the impression that you can select in the nvidia control panel which programs you want to use the nvidia graphics adapter for.

Is that not correct?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03519217/

Unfortunately, I don't know a thing about switchable graphics, and I would personally never buy a notebook that has such a setup.  Too many problems, as you found out.

See this discussion.  Maybe you can find out the settings in the nvidia control panel that have to be changed.

This guy stated his niece's husband was able to get the nvidia graphics to work full time.

Glad I didn't try to answer his question.   There's no excuse for a bad attitude when someone is trying to help out.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Switchable-Graphics/td-p/6007275

HP Recommended

Yeah well I took a lesson with this laptop and next time I ll pick a notebook with different set up. I had no experience with laptops before at all I mostly used just desktop. But i have to tell you this laptop made me learn things which I didnt know before ...:D ..Gotta take it from the bright side. You know...the price/hardware seemed good to me.

Yeah about setting up the preffered programs in nvidia control panel. I did that. That was actually first thing I did when I got it because win10  automaticaly pick your integrated GPU as prefferable. Problem is when I plug in external monitor through HDMI the external monitor uses only NVIDIA GPU - in all programs - which is actually what I want - BUT-I cant fullscreen videos unless I lower the resolution from 1920 at least to 1768 and ingame (i can fullscreen game at highest resolution thanks god.)  the screen seems stutter with 60hz refresh rate. And when alt-tab to win to check videos, the videos sometimes freezes and resets. 

About the discussion you posted here. Yeah well I noticed that my laptop uses integrated GPU as preferable with no possible changes - keeps saying in monitor devices manager always integrated. Its not a big deal for me because when I run the game it uses NVIDIA - which is fine for me. Anyways if I get to know how his friend did that I would definitely do that - but I am scared to ask this guy hahaha.

Atm I am mostly using external monitor - and thats where the most issues are.  NVIDIA gpu seems unstable and its somehow bugging with integrated.  I have two screens connected and one is using integrated (laptop screen) and the other NVIDIA - which doesnt seem very healthy. I even got cooling pad to maintain good temperature on NVIDIA GPU. Comon its 1050 gtx should do much better than this.

An yes I did all set ups for the best performance on my GPU - nothing seemed to make any changes.

HP Recommended

Well, enjoy your notebook the best you can.

Sorry that we couldn't get that darn Intel graphics driver to install.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.