Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Just bought a used laptop, and it was asking for a password with an magenta color box, after like 4 tries, box said "System Disabled" and number "01845" below it. What can i do in this case, since it wasnt mind and well im trying to get it to work?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Restart the PC and enter this unlock code...

xsydo

If that code doesn't work, use this one...

czpjo

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Restart the PC and enter this unlock code...

xsydo

If that code doesn't work, use this one...

czpjo

HP Recommended
The "czpjo" worked. Thank you very much 😊
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended
A second thing now. Lol, it turns out they had 2 accounts after that, before desktop, and they both have password, any suggestions to what i can do,
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to help you with that, but you have two options...

1.  Do a search on the internet for free Windows password cracking programs.   One of them may help you get into windows.

2.  I think a better idea would be to purchase a set of recovery disks for your notebook.  The problem is that HP no longer sells them because that model is at least 8 years old.  However, you may still be able to get a set from this non-HP vendor.

You should enter the product number in the search box to see if they sell them for your notebook.  The product number can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.  dv2000 won't work because there are literally hundreds of dv2000 model variations and the recovery disks are model-specific.

http://www.computersurgeons.com/

HP Recommended
Ok thank you for that information anyways
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

i have another problem, as i said before, this laptop was used before, i got it to work and its where im sending this message by. but i cant edit, personalize, anything on the computer because its telling me to activate the windows. i went ahead to try but its asking for a product key, which i dont have, I dont know what to do in this case. On the windows version, for example, its say on the Desktop screen that its "Windows 8.1 Pro Build 9600". Any way you can help me out with this???

If so, I'll thank you for that once again. I'll be standing by.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that either.

The PC originally came with Windows Vista, and apparently someone installed W8.1 on it and didn't have a product key to activate the installation with.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.