06-13-2011 11:25 PM
I have attempted to restore my Hp dv6 after it failed to boot windows 7, I have tried booting from a 64-bit windows 7 recovery disk that fails to detect Windows 7 as an operating OS and upon choosing Startup repair displays that "Windows cannot repair this computer automatically". upon viewing the diagnostics of test it displays several test that were completed succesfully and then:
Root cause found:
System Volume on disk is corrupt.
Repair action: file system repair (chkdsk)
Resault: failed. Error Code = 0x1f
Time Taken = 0 ms
I have also tried booting from back-up disk i have personally created after i bought my HP. all of the options this back up disk give me fail after about 75% completion. It occasionally displayst the error code: 0ex0ef000e.
If i do not boot from a disk it displays "bootmgr missing."
Please help and thank you for your time,
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)