Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Most DV6000 came with the choice of 1 GIG DDR2 Ram or upgrade towards 2 GIG DDR2 RAM. If the system laptop has never been upgraded internal RAM sets and your running windows 7 thens thats a huge problem. The smallest amount of RAM to use in windows 7 is 1 GIG 5400 DDR2 with that min. amount your able to run the basic windows 7 theme with out much conflict. If you using the areo effect on windows 7 and the ESET antivirus then your maxing out the RAM value at 1

GIGS when you should be using 2 GIGS or higher. I do know that the dv6010s - 6060st will only allow max RAN of 4 GIGS DDR2 RAM. Now if your model is above on the 6100 series your good to 6 GIGS RAM. When windows is starting up your system is needing a full amount of RAM and page file space located on the Hard Drive to quick boot/log/mscf. If your not able to upgrade the RAM " as RAM can get exspensive " then use the option to increase page file amount in windows 7 at its RECOMMENDed amount only to a min - max. If your using the same hard drive then your safe to adjust between min - 2450 to max 4450. ESET is also a huge memory controled software. So your trying to use two so far high memory control services < Windows 7 and ESET security > on a little RAM set system. I suggested two options to this and if your needing more information then please provide more info to this as reply.

HP Recommended

It seems this issue has been there for some time now. I am having that problem right now on:

HP pavilion dv6 notebook PC running

Windows 7 Home Premium (sp1)

AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon (tm) HD (grapics 1.50 Ghz)

6.00 GB (5.48 usable) RAM

This seems to meet all the requirements above, yet I am having the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Ga_nyo_bi,

I see that you are having issues with how long it your PC takes to boot up. How long is it taking? How does it run once it has loaded up? Below is a link to a document with a number of different things to try and speed up the computer.

Optimize Windows for better performance:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/optimize-windows-better-performance#optimize-windows-bett...

Try those steps and let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

The most importat things you have to do is empty your desktop from large files like images movies videos ..ATC....And if you need these files on desktop you can save it on any partition and make a shortcut on desktop.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I changed my dv6 hdd to ssd, it went faster startup three times and 10 times for normal read/write operation, try it you will love it.

mta777

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my HP Envy and, after following ALL of the tests available, I know two things. It is NOT a problem with Windows and it is NOT a problem with any of the hardware.  It is something to do with an upgrade that HP recommended in the HP Support Assistant.  Typical of HP to mess up my PC AFTER its warranty has expired and it's also typical that they are very unhelpful in getting it sorted.

I have a HP Envy which is only 18 months old and takes anything between 10 to 15 minutes to get round to starting Windows10.  My only way round it is to never close down fully but to use the hibernate option.

HP Recommended

Replying to my own post here, but also to help those of you out there with the same annoying problem that I've had for months now.

Success!!!!  After exhausting all other avenues and coming to the conclusion that the problem was with the BIOS, I finally plucked up courage to check the BIOS.  I couldn't find anything obvious which would explain the problem of very lengthy boot-up time (10 to 15 minutes before Windows actually gets a chance) - but then again I'm a novice concerning BIOS.  I decided to 'roll-back' the BIOS to the previous version.  This WORKS!!!! .... and I'm now back to boot up and into Windows in a matter of SECONDS.

The most annoying bit about all of this is that it was HP who 'updated' the BIOS in the first place!  Even more annoying is that this was AFTER my warranty had expired.  Come on HP - it's OK for you  to mess up my computer and then deny any responsibility for sorting it because I'm out of warranty?  It's almost the equivalent of 'hacking' except HP's got the cop-out of saying that I clicked the OK button for the updated BIOS.

This is the third issue I've had with HP customer service while I've had this PC (the most expensive I've ever bought) so HP has now lost a long-term loyal customer.

HP Recommended
Credit to crysalis. HP pavilion dv6 6100 with 6GB ram. Slow with newly installed win 7 / win 10. Took 6 minutes to start Word.

Tried play with drivers, no luck. Downgrade BIOS. It WORKS.
HP Recommended
Hi,
Mine was taking only 2 min. Which was very long, I tried all actions stated on line, then I changed my hard drive to SSD unit, then all pain gone, starting takes only 7-9 sec. to be fully operational on win7, and about 19 sec. on win8
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.