06-07-2011 06:59 AM
hi, i think our problem is similar, i have a pavilion g6-1037tx, i have installed windows7 ultimate on it, now i cant seem to find how to activate its webcam.. i want to record videos and photos..
i have tried searching for it in the search bar but nothing.
i also tried looking for HP-Mediasmart in the start menu but nothing..
but when i use YM i can activate the webcam tru "My Webcam"
Please help, anyone on how to activate it. or links to working drivers, i dont have the CD drivers.. Thanks
06-11-2011 01:51 AM
i still cant find the exact driver for the web cam so i brought it back to the shop where a i bought it.. apparently they also dont have the exact driver, so what they did was install "Cyberlink Youcam"now a i can access the webcam independently.. Try searching for free downloadable "Cyberlink YouCam".
07-24-2011 01:36 PM
I have been trying to get this resolved for an hour now and hp says to go to start, then type in mediasmart to start the webcam but mediasmart was never installed. Now I'm trying to find out if it is a free download that they just did not install or what the deal is.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)